Synthetic Reality Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » General Madness » Random Announcements » Rox's Recipe Box Returns (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Rox's Recipe Box Returns
Sir Mj
Obsessive Member
Member # 4642

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Mj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Psh, I don't do rough drafts Roxy!

The guide would contain a bunch of different culinary terms & cooking methods with explainations about them, how they work, what they are best suited to, why they work etc.
Stuff like how I explained 'Deglazing' in the recipe above, only rather than explaining such methods when they appear in a recipe, they'd all be combined into a guide that you could link to whenever the term appears.

When you take all of the recipes to your website, you could do it in one of two ways (or even both).
1. Have a "Cooking dictionary" section.
and/or
2. Whenever a more advanced term appears in a recipe, have it set as a link that opens a small window explaining the term if it is clicked by the viewer.

--------------------
Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.

OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OrchidMystique   Author's Homepage   Email OrchidMystique   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, I like it. There will be a helpful hints section, so your idea will fit right in

--------------------
Roxanne
Mistress of Visions
*Your eyes are the windows to your soul, do not close them to me*

Posts: 758 | From: Washington | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OrchidMystique   Author's Homepage   Email OrchidMystique   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The next few entries will be dedicated to various bread recipes so you may find something you like.

--------------------
Roxanne
Mistress of Visions

DragonofWos
Member # 7338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DragonofWos   Email DragonofWos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OHHH, Bread cool! i make pizza dough in abread machine its a whole weat Dough mmmm pizza *drools* haha
Posts: 37 | From: Around | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
Feel free to post that recipe Dragon. Everyone is allowed and encouraged to post their favorite recipes here. I know I'm not the only person in WoS who likes to cook.
OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
I have been going through my new recipe book and because the recipes are kind of long, I will only be posting them one or two at a time. I don't want to have a post that is so long, no one wants to read it. So here we go:

**French Bread**

2 cups warm water, 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast (1 1/2 packages), 1 tablespoon sugar, 3 cups bread flour, 1 tablespoon salt, about 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour, cornmeal for sprinkling, 1 large egg, beaten with 2 teaspoons water, for glazing.

1. In a large bowl using a whisk or in the bowl of a heavy duty mixer fitted with the paddle attachment: pour in the warm water and sprinkle the yeast and sugar over the surface of the water. Stir until combined. Let stand at room tempurature until dissolved and foamy, about 10 minutes.
2. Add 2 cups of the bread flour and the salt. Beat hard until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining 1 cup of bread four and most of the all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until a shaggy dough that clears the sides of the bowl is formed.
3. If kneading by hand, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until soft, silky and resilient, 5 to 8 minutes, dusting with flour only 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to prevent sticking. The dough should not be sticky. If kneading by machine, switch to the dough hook and knead for 1 to 3 minutes, or until dough is smooth and springy.
4. Place the dough in a lightly greased deep bwol. Turn once to coat the top and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a cool area until tripled in bulk, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. If you have time, punch down the dough and allow it to rise again for about 1 hour. The dough may also rise in the refridgerator overnight.
5. Gently deflate the dough. Turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Grease or parchment-line a baking sheet and sprinkle with cornmeal. Divide the dough into 3 equal protions. Knead in more flour now if the dough seems sticky. Shape the portions into tight round balls for boules. Or flatten each portion into a rectangle for baguettes. Roll each rectangle up tightly with your thumbs to form a long sausage shape: roll back and forth with your palms to adjust the length. Place the loaves 4 inches apart on the baking sheet.
6. Directly after forming the loaves, slash the tops diagonally, no deeper than 1/4 inch and brush the entire surface with the glaze. Place in a cold oven on the middle or lower rack. Turn the oven on 400 degrees and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until crusty and the loaves sound hollow when tapped with your finger. Eat immediately or transfer the loaves to a cooling rack.

--Told you they were kind of long. But the steps are easy to understand, which is why I like them.
Good luck and enjoy!

--------------------
Roxanne
Mistress of Visions

roby
Veteran Member
Member # 1322

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for roby   Author's Homepage   Email roby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok rox here we go

APPESTIZERS:
1. Spinach dip

2 packs of frozen spinach
1 cup sour crean
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup chooped green onions
1 can of water chestnuts
2 ts tarragon
lil salt lil garlic lil ground mustard and a lil black pepper

Drain spinach and mix into all ingredents well

Side Dishes

1. Squash casserole

4 cans of cut squash
2 packs of shredded sharp chedder

preheat oven to 350
pour 2 cans of squash in oven bake dish add one bag off cheese repeat and cook till cheese is melted

2. Hashbrown Casserole

2 bags of shredded hashborwns
1 lb of beef
1 bag of shredded cheddar
2 onions

fry hashbrowns and beef then combine
chop onion add to the mixture then top with cheese bake till cheese is melted

3. Spinach casserole

2 packs of spinach
1 can whole tomatoes
1 bag of shredded chedder
1/2 cup of romano cheese

cook spinach till hot drain spinach and tomatoes mix into a baking dish tomatoes spinach and romano add cheddar to top and bake till cheese is melted

4. Nikkis Mac and cheese

2 boxes of good mac and cheese not the powder stuff
1 can of tomatoes
1 can of mushrooms
1 tbs of salt and pepper
4 tbs of garlic and lemon pepper
1 bag of shredded cheddar

cook mac and cheese and put to side
in one pan add the tomatoes mushrooms and all the seasonings and fry till hot
combine into a baking dish add cheese and bake till melted

Main courses

Beef:

Brisket bbq

4 lbs brisket
1 ts salt
1/2 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 tbs worchester sauce
1 ts liquid smoke
1/2 ts pepper
1/2 cup onion
1 bay leaf

heat oven to 325 degrees
rub surface of beef with salt mix remainging ingredents and pour over beef
bake 3 hours or until tender

--------------------
I pledge my allegiance, to all things dark And I promise on my damned soul To do as I am told, Lord Beelxebub Has never seen a soldier quite like me Not only does his job, but does it happily.

Posts: 847 | From: Georgia | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
roby
Veteran Member
Member # 1322

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for roby   Author's Homepage   Email roby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
brandied steak au poivre

1 ts black pepper
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
sprinkle of onion powder
4 cubed steaks
1 tbs butter
2 tabs of brandy
1/4 cup beef broth

mix seasoning together and rub ob steak
melt butter in skillet and cook steaks to medium-rare
add brandy and broth to skillet heat to boiling stir simmer for 3-4 mins uncovered

sweet and sour meat loaf
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tbs mustard
1 teaspoon garlic
1 bottle of spaghetti sauce
1/8 cup brown sugar
3 lbs beef

cook meatloaf 20-30 mins at 300-325 degrees
combine rest of ingredients into a sauce pan and heat to boil stirring occasionally
pour the sauce over the meatloaf and stick back in oven for 3-5 minutes

--------------------
I pledge my allegiance, to all things dark And I promise on my damned soul To do as I am told, Lord Beelxebub Has never seen a soldier quite like me Not only does his job, but does it happily.

OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
Thanks Roby, those sound good, especially that sweet and sour meatloaf. Of course you know this means you have to keep posting recipes lol. [Razz]
I'll be posting somemore bread recipes over the next couple days.

Oompy
Healthy Member
Member # 6489

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oompy   Email Oompy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woo Recipies!
Thanks for all the great ideas Rox, but I always have problem with one dish and was wondering if you could help.
I always screw up when boiling rice. One time, I created a rice paste that fused with the pot. Nothing was salvageable, not even the stirring spoon.
Any idiot proof suggestions? ^_^;

BABY
Healthy Member
Member # 3280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BABY   Author's Homepage   Email BABY   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Serves Approximately 10
yummy gooey potatoes

1 (2 lb) bag hash browns (fresh or thawed)
1 pint sour cream
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup diced onions
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp salt and pepper (or to taste)
2 sticks butter or margarine
4 cups "corn flake" cereal

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Melt one stick of butter in a saucepan or in the microwave. Put the potatoes, sour cream, cheddar cheese, chicken soup, onions and spices in a big bowl. Pour the butter on top and mix. Spoon the whole mixture into a 9 X 13 baking dish.

Melt the other stick of butter in a large sauté pan. Pour in the cereal and mix until the butter coats the cereal thoroughly. Turn off heat. Pour the butter-coated cereal over the potato mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour and 15 minutes, uncovered.

The top will become crunchy and the potatoes underneath will melt into a heavenly form. You'll no longer know that you started with hash browns. They will now have a texture closer to mashed potatoes.
p.s to make it extra yummy i put bacon pieces or ham pieces

Enjoy!

--------------------
you might as well spend it now ya cant take it with ya

OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
Ahh yes, the ever present rice disaster, I know it well. Many a time I made rice so thick you could use it for spackle.
So I have decided to ask the expert (my aunt) and here is her advice:
1. always make sure the pot you are using has a good snug fitting lid, that's important
2. Usually there is a recipe on the package, follow it to the letter.
3. Try this, 2 cups water, 1 cup rice, a little salt and butter, bring to a boil, then cover, boil on med high heat for 5 minutes. Then leave covered and turn heat down on low for 15 minutes.
4. don't constantly life the lid to check the rice, you let steam escape and that's what cooks the rice.

Good luck, and keep trying, you'll get it. It took me a while too.

[ 08-12-2007, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: OrchidMystique ]

BABY
Healthy Member
Member # 3280

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for BABY   Author's Homepage   Email BABY   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Toffee Bars

1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/8 tsp of salt
3 bars (4 oz each) milk chocolate
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl mix sugar, butter, egg yolk and vanilla by hand with a wooden spoon. Stir in the flour and salt. Spread this mixture in a 9 X 13 pan that has been sprayed with butter spray. Bake 25 - 30 minutes until light, golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately place the chocolate bars in a row down the center of the dough. They will melt quickly. Spread the melted chocolate across the surface of the bar dough. Sprinkle with the nuts if you choose to use them. Cut into squares. These are wonderful warm or room temperature.

OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
Okay, time to get back to work.
You all saw the french bread recipe I posted a while back, some of the recipes that you will see from this point on, will use that recipe as a base. So feel free to refer back to it.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

*Onion Rolls*

1 french bread dough
2 large yellow onions
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
Cornmeal for sprinkling

1. Prepare the french bread dough, while it is rising, prepare the onions. Melt the butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook the onions until they are soft, stirring frequently for about 15 minutes. Add the cream, raise the heat to high and cook the mixture until it's reduced by half. The mixture will be very thick. Cool to room temperature.

2. Gently deflate the dough and divide it into 16 equal portions. Grease 2 baking sheets, and sprinkle with cornmeal. Shape each portion into a ball. Place the balls about 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Using a sharp knife cut an X into the center of each rool, about 1/2 inch deep. Using your fingers, press a deep depression into the center of each X. Place 1 to 2 Tablespoons of onion mix into the center of the depression.

3. 20 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place 1 pan on the lowest rack and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crusty. Remove from oven and serve immediately or cool and freeze for later. Repeat this process with the 2nd pan.
===============================================
Because these recipes are kind of long, I am only going to post one at a time. So enjoy this and keep posting those recipes guys, they sound great.

[ 03-25-2007, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: OrchidMystique ]

--------------------
Roxanne
Mistress of Visions

roby
Veteran Member
Member # 1322

Member Rated:
*doesnt bother posting bread recipes because he works in a bakery*

--------------------

Unfaithful
Healthy Member
Member # 7134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unfaithful   Email Unfaithful   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a shortcut? Too many directions [Frown]

--------------------
Avalon

Posts: 113 | From: Somewhere in Asia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
roby
Veteran Member
Member # 1322

Member Rated:
very berry cheesecake the quick way >.>

Ingredients

1 box of cheesecake mix
1 box of brownie mix
blueberrys
rasberrys
strawberrys

first cook the brownies to use as a crust for the cheesecake

put the berrys into a blender and add the prepared cheesecake mix and continue tro blend when done pour on top of brownie crust and cool till firm and server if you want you can add more berrys on the top

--------------------

OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
I wish there were short cuts to some of these recipes. It would make it easier. I think I am going to go back to simple recipes for a while until I can go through these fancier recipes and make them easier.
I have a book full of bread recipes but they are like that one, so unless you guys make a request for a specific recipe, I won't be using this for now.

OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
**Meat and Vegie Kabobs**

2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Original Blend
3 Tbsp. honey
3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 lb boneless beef sirloin
1 large red or green bell pepper
1 medium onion
1 medium zucchini

Directions:

1. Cut sirloin into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
2. Cut pepper into 1 inch chunks, cut onion into wedges, and cut zucchini into 1/2 inch slices.
3. Mix honey, lime juice and Mrs. Dash® Original Blend in a large bowl.
4. Add remaining ingredients; toss lightly to coat thoroughly with seasoning mixture.
5. Thread meat and vegetables alternately on skewers; reserve remaining seasoning mixture.
6. Place skewers on rack of broiler pan so kabobs are 3 to 5 inches from heat.
7. Broil 8 to 12 minutes or to desired doneness, brushing occasionally with seasoning mixture.

====================================

**Meatballs**

1 lb. lean ground turkey breast
2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
2 egg whites
1/3 cup unseasoned bread crumbs

Sauce

1 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
1/2 cup grape jelly
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).Combine ground turkey, Mrs Dash® Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend, egg whites and bread crumbs in a large bowl. Shape into 20 1 inch meatballs.

2. Place meatballs on a baking sheet sprayed with no-stick cooking spray heat in the oven for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.

3. Combine Mrs. Dash® Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend, grape jelly, Dijon mustard and BBQ sauce in a small, heavy saucepan. Heat until jelly melts. Serve with meatballs.

[ 03-29-2007, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: OrchidMystique ]

--------------------
Roxanne
Mistress of Visions

OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
Okay, I guess I have had a long enough vacation from the Recipe Box and now it's time to get back to work, so here goes:

*Vegetable Stuffed meat cups*

1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 pouch Campbells dry onion soup mix
1 egg
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons ketchup

1. Place vegetables in a small microwave safe bowl. Cover with vented plastic wrap; microwave on high for 3 1/2 minutes or until tender-crisp.
Drain. Add 1/2 cup of the cheese; mix well, set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine beef, soup mix, egg, bread crumbs, and ketchup; mix well. Divide meat mixture into 8 equal parts. Press into bottom and sides of eight 6 ounce custard cups or individual casseroles. Divide vegetable mixture among meat cups.
3. Arrange 4 meat cups in a circle in the microwave. Cook uncovered on high for 4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, rearranging cups once during cooking. Sprinkle each cup with 1 tablespoon of the remaining cheese. Repeat this process with remaining meat cups.
=============================================
*Old Fashioned Potato Salad*

2 pounds small new potatoes, cut up
1 cup Marie's Buttermilk Spice Ranch style dressing
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped Vlasic sweet pickles
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped

1. in a 4 quart saucepan over medium heat, cook potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
2. In large bowl, combine salad dressing, mustard and pepper. Add potatoes, celery, pickles and eggs; toss gently to coat. Cover; refrigerate until serving time, at least 4 hours.
================================================
Okay that's all for now. I'll try to keep up on this a bit better than I have been.

--------------------
Roxanne
Mistress of Visions

BABY
Healthy Member
Member # 3280

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for BABY   Author's Homepage   Email BABY   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey Roxy what about our four legged family members. sense all the tainted dog food. i have researched making my own. heres a good one. i will post the link for more recipes at the bottom

--------------------

BABY
Healthy Member
Member # 3280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BABY   Author's Homepage   Email BABY   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
chicken and gravy for dogs

Ingredients
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
Salt
Ground black pepper
1½ chickens cut into pieces
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 small baby cabbage , chopped
2 cups water
2 cups dry white wine
2 pinches of saffron
Cooked rice

Mix the cumin, coriander, salt and pepper to taste and rub this onto the chicken pieces
Use a large frying pan to heat oil over medium – high heat. Add the chicken in and cook, turn chicken as it goes browning. Add in the garlic and baby cabbage and continue to cook well until the chicken has been browned on sides. Add in the water, wine, saffron and bring it all to a boil. Bring down the heat, cover the pan and cook until the chicken is soft. Cook for 45 – 60 minutes.

Take the bones out of the chicken and put some rice into the dog bowl and put the chicken on top. Pour the gravy over the chicken and rice and serve.

http://www.seefido.com/html/dog_food_recipes.htm

--------------------

OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
with my luck my damn dog would get drunk off the wine, but I agree with you that we have to take care of our 4 legged friends as well.
So by all means, if anyone has recipes for safe dog or cat food, feel free to post it here.

--------------------
Roxanne
Mistress of Visions

OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
*Pita Pizza Bites*

2 6 inch pita breads
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
---Heat oven to 425 degrees. Split each bread on half around the edge to make 4 rounds. Place rounds, cut side up, on an ungreased cookie sheet. Place mushrooms on rounds, top with onion and bell pepper. Sprinkle with basil and cheeses. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each round into 8 pieces to serve as appetizer or serve whole for 4

--------------------
Roxanne
Mistress of Visions

OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
Greetings WoSSers: I am thinking about removing Rox's Recipe Box since there doesn't seem to be much interest in it anymore.
If you would like to continue getting the yummy recipes and want to continue to have a place to post your own creations, please post here and let me know.

Thank you

--------------------
Roxanne
Mistress of Visions

Deadly Headshot
Compulsive Member
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deadly Headshot   Author's Homepage   Email Deadly Headshot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keep it, or at least archive it!

--------------------
"Carpé Agnus"
{GS} Pwnz
I like reviving old topics, it makes me feel needed...

{GS} is dead, sorry.

I've finally changed my av!

Posts: 2885 | From: Great Britain | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
I never thought about archiving it, thanks. But if I get a good enough feedback for leaving it here, I'll keep it active.
saxamophone0
Obsessive Member
Member # 2917

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saxamophone0   Author's Homepage   Email saxamophone0   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do enjoy the recipe box believe it or not, but I'd like to see some vegetarian/vegan recipes. More vegetables, whole wheats, etc....

--------------------
Word is born.

Posts: 8542 | From: NYC | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
Ok Sax, I think I can do that, let me see what I can find
Sir Mj
Obsessive Member
Member # 4642

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Mj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I do enjoy the recipe box believe it or not, but I'd like to see some vegetarian/vegan recipes. More vegetables, whole wheats, etc....

I'll post up my Vegetarian Lasagne, Roast stuffed Peppers, and a few other little tricks I know for you Sax....when I get the time to do so of course.
[Wink]

--------------------

Rinn
Compulsive Member
Member # 4138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rinn         Edit/Delete Post 
Things don't need to be vegan/vegetarian to have whole wheat or vegetables in them. I try and buy and cook with as much whole wheat and vegetables as I can but I love meat so it all goes in there.

--------------------
Are you a Candykid, Skater, Goth, Punk, Freak, Hippie, Jock, Rapper, Banger, Prep, Hardcore, Straightedge, Tripper, Spinner, Biker, Thug, Emokid? Yeah? Whatever

Posts: 4651 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
Thanks for the help MJ, I have a friend who is a vegetarian and has plenty of recipes, but between her work and my schooling, it's kind of hard to get both of us in the same place at the same time lol but I'll catch her some time this week.
Rinn is right too, there are alot of recipes out there that can be adjusted to accomodate the vegie eater.

--------------------
Roxanne
Mistress of Visions

Sir Mj
Obsessive Member
Member # 4642

Member Rated:
Agreed, and in many cases (such as my Stuffed Peppers) it is simply a case of taking the meat out of the recipe then replacing it with an alternative.

--------------------

Sokujin
Verbose Member
Member # 2590

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Sokujin   Email Sokujin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got this from one of my Special Forces buddies. It is freakin delicious.

SPANAKOPTIA

1 8-ounce pkg cream cheese
1 pint cottage cheese, small curd
1 8-ounce pkg crumbled feta cheese
6 Eggs
2 16 ounce pkgs chopped spinach, drained, squeezed
dry-ish
½ 17-ounce pkg phyllo (or filo) dough (Not Puff
pastry)
1 Stick butter (margarine just isn't as good.)
Heat oven to 350 degrees

In food processor, or mixer, or even by hand (this
recipe just doesn't care) beat eggs and cream cheese.
Add cottage cheese, spinach, in large bowl, combine
eggs and feta cheese. stir.
Melt butter.
Butter a 9 X 13 inch ( or smaller) baking dish. Layer
two leaves of phyllo, then brush with butter; repeat
til half the phyllo is used up. Spread spinach mixture
over phyllo. Layer remaining phyllo, buttering every
other layer. put in fridge for 20 min. or right into
oven.
Cut through top layer of phyllo prior to baking.
(easier to cut through if it's been in fridge for 20
min.) Bake one to one and a half hours until top layer
is golden and crispy. Let set for 10 - 20 minutes. Cut
through bottom layer prior to serving. Freezes well.
Reheat in oven, as microwave makes it soggy.

--------------------
General of the Penguin Armies!Leader of the Penguin Rebelion!Father of Penguin Wars 2!

Posts: 1270 | From: Fort Carson, Colorado | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
That does sound good. Sorry I haven't been around much. It sucks not having my own computer.
OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
OkaY, I finally got my own computer so I will be posting goodies again. But I still want to hear from other cooks.

--------------------
Roxanne
Mistress of Visions

sigma
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Jam On Toast (Jelly) or honey or both

I use Apricot yum yum.
Get very hungry and toast 20 slices of bread spread butter on them whilst still hot then put jam on them or honey or both yum yum

IP: Logged
Geno Ranger Prap
Compulsive Member
Member # 8095

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Geno Ranger Prap   Email Geno Ranger Prap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow, you had to bring this one back. Instant sadness.

--------------------
Innovation aimed at benefiting humanity is useless if it’s only accessible to a wealthy minority.

Posts: 3504 | From: In the Cataclysm of the Paradox | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
Deadly Headshot
Compulsive Member
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deadly Headshot   Author's Homepage   Email Deadly Headshot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bit disrespectful, Sigma... [Frown]

--------------------
"Carpé Agnus"
{GS} Pwnz
I like reviving old topics, it makes me feel needed...

{GS} is dead, sorry.

I've finally changed my av!

Posts: 2885 | From: Great Britain | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Glacier
Member # 4881

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glacier   Email Glacier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems pretty clear that Sigma has no idea who Roxanne was nor the fact that she's no longer alive. Can't really blame him for trying to contribute.

[ 08-31-2013, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Glacier ]

--------------------
Clever girl..

Posts: 2765 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.