Synthetic Reality Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Well of Souls » World Developers Forum » Script + Mapping FAQ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Script + Mapping FAQ
Darangen
Compulsive Member
Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darangen   Email Darangen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I make my weapons bigger by making the bmp files bigger?

No. The weapon sizes are hard-coded into the WoS engine and can not be enlarged or shrunk even the slightest bit. The same goes for Spell Effects, Items, and all other equipments.

~Darangen~

--------------------
It's ok, I like girls.
Lea, a world in development.

Posts: 2464 | From: Not of this world | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ML4 creator
Healthy Member
Member # 4011

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ML4 creator   Author's Homepage   Email ML4 creator   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I script things to happen during a fight/PK fight?

No. But, you can script monsters to help you during a fight:

FIGHT *, -<monsterIDofhelpingmonster>
END

FIGHT * means that you will be fighting one monster from near where you are on the map.

the negative monster ID, for example -1 would make a monster ID 1 fight WITH you on your team.

OR, you could do something like this:

R15 @fight4 ;15 percent chance of going to @fight4
R25 @fight3 ;25 percent chance of going to @fight3
R50 @fight2 ;50 percent chance of going to @fight2
FIGHT *, -<monsterIDofhelpingmonster>
END
@fight2
FIGHT *,*, -<monsterIDofhelpingmonster>
END
@fight3
FIGHT *,*,*, -<monsterIDofhelpingmonster>
END
@fight4
FIGHT *,*,*,*, -<monsterIDofhelpingmonster>
END

When you add more * thingys to the FIGHT command, it increases the number of monsters from the map that show up in the fight.

A very advanced version of this idea can be found here:

LINK BROKEN!!

In the download, look at QS2 for the advanced script.

[ 12-22-2004, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: ML4 creator ]

--------------------
Viva La Resistance!

Posts: 411 | From: The Realm of Chaos | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Animosity
Member # 5204

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animosity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible to set items to teach spells? if so where would i put that.

--------------------
Best North American Linkshell in FFXI

Posts: 32 | From: Allen, Texas | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Darangen
Compulsive Member
Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darangen   Email Darangen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as making the item itself teach the spell, no, impossible. There are other ways though.

You could:

- Have them take the scroll to an actor and trade it for a spell. (Maybe a scholar that reads it to them and they learn the spell that way)

- Make the item a ticket to a scene that gives them the spell.

There are other ways, but I can't think of any as of now.

~Darangen~

--------------------
It's ok, I like girls.
Lea, a world in development.

Posts: 2464 | From: Not of this world | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Crusard
Member # 2720

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crusard   Author's Homepage   Email Crusard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a great place for bryce Tutorials (As well as for photoshop and Autodesk's AutoCAD)

CADtutor

Check it out [Smile]

Posts: 1119 | From: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ulfric
Member # 5166

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ulfric   Email Ulfric   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried all the tricks I have read hear so far and still my world map looks incrediblly blotchy and pixely for lack of better words can anyone give some other ways to perhaps go about correcting this?

If you want to see an example that I screen capped just IM me:

AOL: Mercer333
Y!: Jackson_Mercer I have other IMs too if need but these are the ones I perfer

oh yeah and email
Ryan-jathael@hvc.rr.com

PS: Can one add new map icons I mean I added them physically but how can you set it up how to be able to choose them?

Thanks to Silver's kindness: Here are some examples

-

-

[ 06-18-2004, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Ulfric ]

Posts: 14 | From: New York | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Makarei
Verbose Member
Member # 1646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makarei   Author's Homepage   Email Makarei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you make a X4 map, since your normal is in the res of 700x502 you'll also need a map in the res of 2800x2008

Then put both maps in ya wos map folder. if your confused on what i just said. you can contact me on msn for futher assisstance: makarei@hotmail.com

--------------------
7 Years almost done.

Posts: 1040 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
IceFox/ Silver
Member # 2200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IceFox/ Silver   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How to link to a new map or to a scene.

Linking to a new map in your world works like this;
1) Open wos in world developer mode, to do this go to play a world off line and click on "Or create your own world." Most likely you already made a new world so you can just select it in the list then and click on "Modify selected world".

2) Select the map you want to link to. (If you enter the map then this is the link you'll go to.)

3) Open the link editor. (Click on Links in the world editor.)

4) Click somewhere on the map on the spot where you want to create a new link. (You can click on the mini map to move around on your map when the link editor is open.)

5) Select an image for your link and click on OK.

6) If you want you can fill in a background picture, add a link name or select a theme, wheather or fx condition. (That's not really important right now.) What matters is that you have at least 1 link on this map.

7) Make a note about the link ID your link is.

8) Hit "Save changes". (Pretty logical lol.)

9) Now select the map you want to add a link on.

10) Click on the V button right of where you see "to nowhere" and select "to link" here.

11) Enter a link number from step 7 right of that.

12) Select the map you want to link to.

13) Add everything from step 6 if you feel like it.

14) Hit "Save changes" again.

You now succesfully added a new link.
If you enter normal play mode again then you will now be able to go to your new map. Usually it's recommend to repeat these steps on the map you linked too as well, so you can link back to your other map, else it will just be a 1 way route.

I hope this minor tutorial helped you out with the linking problem.

If you have trouble linking to a scene then just select "To scene" in step 10 and enter the scene ID in step 11. Once you added the stuff from step 6 and saved your changes you will then be able to visit a scene.

Silver

--------------------
Silver
RoT's Homepage - ProxBeta

Posts: 7098 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad
Verbose Member
Member # 5460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad   Author's Homepage   Email Mad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
3 questions today :

----------------------------

Question for Darangen about the arg.20 in monster.txt :

If you dont use the flag restricting the spells to the spells of its own element, the monsters can use the spells of any element but the first one (life in EG) and the elements that cannot be used by players (unless the monster has itself this element : chaos or life for exemple).
Is that possible to make a death monster for instance use healing or chaos spells if i add their ID in the "use" list of the arg.20?

-------------------------

I would like to script a scene to help me with developing my world. The idea would be to be abble to receive or have taken any item/spell/token in that scene, and to be abble to go any other scene from here. Of course this would just be a cheat for the world dev, protected by the STRCMP #<str.soul> command and prolly deleted when the world will be published.
But here is my problem : how could I compute something like : if i say the ID of an item/token etc i receive this token. That's easy for a single entry : ASK / IF= Qgive^I20, @givei20 / @givei20 / GIVE I20 / END ; but what about : "if the host says 'give Inn', whatever nn is, give Inn" (I dont wanna have to add a label for ALL the items and tokens and spells of my world...

--------------------------------

Last question : Uncle Dan's quest language dictionary use the commands available in a64 : is there somewhere a list of the commands added since ?

---------------------------------

Thanks for the answers
Mad

[ 08-20-2004, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: Mad ]

--------------------
athelias.biz - Forums - Worlds' List

Posts: 1812 | From: Moe's | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
IceFox/ Silver
Member # 2200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IceFox/ Silver   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To answer your question 1:

As far as I know Death monsters can use chaos spells, but never heal spells, element 0 is restricted to monsters of element 0 only.

To answer question 2:

I alreayd made such a script for you, it's called proxbeta and you can download it at http://members.home.nl/epsilon5/proxbetaV2.3.zip

Proxbeta also support many other features, like viewing skins, testing shops, searching up monsters, items, spells by certain stats etc.

Basicly the script you're looking for is:
N: Item I want to give:
ASK 30
GIVE I#<lastAsk>
END

I'd advice you just to use that tool though, it's far easier and faster. [Razz]

To answer your last question:

All commands that are added since are already in the list, that line a64 just never got updated to a81. [Smile]

I hope this helped you out. [Smile]

Silver

--------------------
Silver

Hesacon
Obsessive Member
Member # 3724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hesacon   Author's Homepage   Email Hesacon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a way to do the following things with spells?

Have a spell summon a monster, but destroy the actor who summoned it or reduce their hp without breaking the fight scene.

Have a spell increase in power the more times it is used in battle.

Have a spell increase in power the more times spells or hand have been used in a battle.

1 hit kill spells.

reduce remaining hp by a fraction spells.

Auto-rezurrect spells.

Need to use spell/hand/item "n" before a spell can be used.(i.e. a spell "charge")

I wanted to check because I want to use these kinds of spells in my world. Any of these that can't be done will go into development notes [Wink]

--------------------
SoV: Exalted Devout Oracle | World Developer | The Black Guard
Outside is just a prank older kids tell younger kids at Internet Camp

Posts: 9479 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
IceFox/ Silver
Member # 2200

quote:
Have a spell summon a monster, but destroy the actor who summoned it or reduce their hp without breaking the fight scene.

Nope... not without breaking the fight scene. We probably will never be able to do in fight scripting.

quote:
Have a spell increase in power the more times it is used in battle.

You can do that, by checking what the last used spell is at the end of the fight. The script would be something like this:

SCENE 2
FIGHT
COMPARE #<spell.id>, "100"
IF= @strongerspell
END

@strongerspell
COMPARE #<tracespell100>, "0"
IF= @setspell
ADD tracespell100, "1"
COMPARE #<tracespell100>, "50"
IF= @upgrade
END

@setspell
SET tracespell100, "1"
END

@upgrade
HOST_TAKE S100
HOST_GIVE S101
END

You need to make a similar spell but with higher damage. I think you can figure out the rest yourself. [Wink]

quote:
1 hit kill spells.

reduce remaining hp by a fraction spells.

Auto-rezurrect spells.

All impossible at the moment unless you go for an actor fight with a turn based system.

quote:
Need to use spell/hand/item "n" before a spell can be used.(i.e. a spell "charge")

Can't be done either, however you could require a certain amount of hand training and then when somebody reached for example 9.950 in a hand give them a token. Just combine that token to the spell and then you have a similar effect. They wouldn't be able to use the spell until they have the token. [Smile]

I hope this helped out a little.

Silver

--------------------
Silver

Hesacon
Obsessive Member
Member # 3724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hesacon   Author's Homepage   Email Hesacon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come to think of it, the charge thing might be able to be done with cookies.

I want to use the same spell but do more damage and be able to be used even after healing or another action.

~~~

To the development notes!

--------------------
SoV: Exalted Devout Oracle | World Developer | The Black Guard
Outside is just a prank older kids tell younger kids at Internet Camp

Posts: 9479 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mad
Verbose Member
Member # 5460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad   Author's Homepage   Email Mad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some troubles with making healing monsters : I want them to use 1000 hp healing spells but they keep using + 500 hp ones (and that's not because they don't have enough mp). Could someone tell me how to make that?

[ 09-02-2004, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Mad ]

--------------------

IceFox/ Silver
Member # 2200

Mad you should make special monster spells that cost lesser MP to heal then normal human spells. Life monsters will prefer to use these spells above normal healing spells.

You can set several flags to accomplish this. More information about the flags can be found in spells.txt

If you still can't get it to work you might want to take a look at my spells in RoT, I used the same script to accomlish this. [Smile]

Silver

--------------------
Silver

Animosity
Member # 5204

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animosity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think these are possible (yet or ever) but I'll ask anyway:

I'm trying to get a weapon to deal physical AND have a percent chance of putting a status effect on a monster but it just does the spell without attacking.

Is there a way to add resistances? Like say I have Fire Armor and have it reduce fire attacks by 5 percent or a certain amount of damage points.

I'm am stumped on this one. I'm trying to make an scene to where you cannot be holding a weapon to receive the quest item. Not just swords, or staves, etc. I mean all weapon types.
Here is my script on it so far:

SCENE 14, "", SCENE, ???, 0,0

COMPARE #<num.timeHour>, "19"
IF< @nothing
COMPARE #<num.timeHour>, "20"
IF> @nothing
ACTOR 1, "???", "tedmisc", 2, 40, 90, 0
SEL 1
POSE 1, 2
WAIT 5.0
N: You see something
N: Do you want to pick it up?
ASK 60
IF YES, @pickup
@cya
N: You ignore it and continue your business.
END
@pickup
IF equiped weapon, @cya1
HOST_GIVE I219
N: You picked up the strange object.
MOVE 1,500,500,1
@nothing
END

@cya1
N: You try to pick it up, but it is too heavy for you to lift.
GOTO @cya

[ 09-08-2004, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Animosity ]

Mysterious One
Veteran Member
Member # 5161

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysterious One         Edit/Delete Post 
I can reply to that one.

1) Not possible. Maybe sometime in the not-so-near future Dan will add a damage value that casts a "disease" and does HP damage, but until then no such luck.

2) Possible, but with side-effects. Find an argument called "element" and put in a number from 0-7. This will make the armour resistant to that element number. However, in your example the armour would be attuned to element "Fire" and to be more effective against fire, but less effective against water. If you do this with a weapon, it would do more damage to water than fire (as with spells).

3) A more sensible command would be IF EQUIP 1 (for example), but this is, as with question 1, still impossible.

If you want to suggest the impossible things above, try posting them here.

[EDIT]While I CAN answer these questions sensibly, that does NOT mean that I am a complete expert. I hope Silver can confirm my answer.[/EDIT]

[ 09-09-2004, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Mysterious One ]

--------------------
Staring at a brick wall is like watching paint dry, only even more boring.

Posts: 549 | From: the depths of time | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could have sworn I had a cookie which told you the item # of what the host had in slot N, where N specified helmet, armor, etc.

Then you would just check all the equip slots you cared about and demand the id was 0 (nothing equipped) in all slots.

But I don't see it in the cookie list, so I dunno...

--------------------
He knows when you are sleeping.

Posts: 10561 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
Flamelord
Compulsive Member
Member # 4491

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flamelord   Author's Homepage   Email Flamelord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh! Call on me!

code:
@pickup
SET equippedweapon, "%E0"
COMPARE equippedweapon, "0"
IF= @continue
END
@continue
HOST_GIVE I129

--------------------
Constantinople! We shall never forget your zany barge poles!

Posts: 4232 | From: Gresham, OR | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pippin Took
Compulsive Member
Member # 4676

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pippin Took   Email Pippin Took   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IF ENN NN number of item
Animosity
Member # 5204

Member Rated:
Looks like I did over look something. Thanks Flamelord. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Flamelord
Compulsive Member
Member # 4491

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flamelord   Author's Homepage   Email Flamelord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
np Animosity. [Smile]

--------------------

Mysterious One
Veteran Member
Member # 5161

Member Rated:
Well, I got the other two right at least.

--------------------

Mad
Verbose Member
Member # 5460

Member Rated:
As I am scripting what items/gold you get after the fights (in the FIGHT scene - and that's VERY boring, trust me), I'd like to know if there's a way to edit/delete the standard messages : You earned nothing from this battle / You earn 0 GP and N exp. points, etc. Anyone has an idea?

[ 09-14-2004, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Mad ]

--------------------

IceFox/ Silver
Member # 2200

You can't do that I'm afraid...

It's just the way WoS works, however you could ask for a map flag that disables the showing up of this message.

In that case you can set a map flag and if that map or scene has that specific map flag set then the reward message won't show up.

You should post in the WoS dev notes though. If you don't know what to post then just copy your post and this post there and Samsyn should get the general idea of what you want to achieve. [Smile]

It'd be pretty cool if we could actually disable that.

Silver

--------------------
Silver

Animosity
Member # 5204

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Animosity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've run into, yet, another stand still. [Mad]
Is there a flag that doesn't allow a character to gain experience points and GP but DOES allow the character to gain items. I know there is one that disallows all 3.

--------------------

Mad
Verbose Member
Member # 5460

Member Rated:
Well in fact, you can set the flag "no xp/gp/items" and add this script to the fight scene :

FIGHT
IF WIN @cmp
END

@cmp
COMPARE #<num.mapNum>, "NN"
; ie: the number of the map where the flag is set
IF= @rewards
END

@rewards
IF Rnn @reward1
IF Rnn @reward2
IF Rnn @reward3
etc..

@reward1
(HOST_)GIVE Inn
N: You found a %Inn
END

@reward2
(HOST_)GIVE Inn
N: You found a %Inn
END

etc...

My prob is I skip a lot of fights and I always have the the message : "You earn nothing from this battle". That's not a major problem, although it hurts my aesthetical sense [Big Grin]

[ 09-25-2004, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: Mad ]

--------------------

Animosity
Member # 5204

Member Rated:
That's what I ended up doing, Mad, except i have items by monster. I posted to see if there was a FLAG that doesn't allow GP/XP but does allow items after battle. Oh well... [Frown]

Thanks anyway.

/edit updating sig

[ 09-27-2004, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Animosity ]

--------------------

IceFox/ Silver
Member # 2200

Help I unzipped a world but now I only see a black screen and nothing else!

There are 2 options now (I'm using the world aerianell as an example world):

1) You unzipped it as c:\wos\worlds\aerianell\aerianell

You can fix that by copying everything in the 2nd folder to the first and then delete the then empty 2nd folder.

2) You unzipped the world without any sub folders like art, maps, monsters etc. In that case nothing will work either. To fix it you have to tell winzip to unzip it to extract it to c:\wos\worlds\aerianell. (in this case you should be able to make at least a new class though, but you still can't do anything else.)

Silver

--------------------
Silver

Flamelord
Compulsive Member
Member # 4491

Member Rated:
Can I make new spell FX? How about making the spells look different?

No, you cannot add new spell effects. However, you may create new spell "sparks." You do this by copying an effects##.bmp from the WoS\art folder to your WoS\worlds\<worldname>\art folder, then clearing out all the little squares (some of the effects are actually blank, but whatever.) and saving it as effects10.bmp.

Then, you can draw your own spell effects in, and resave it. To set a spell to use your new "sparks", open WoS, play in solo mode, click "...or create your own world", then select your world from the list in the dialog box that pops up (you may need to scroll down if you have a lot of worlds), and click the "Modify" button.

Then, in the world-editing dialog box, pull down the menu whose current entry is "quest.txt", and select "spells.txt". Press the "Edit" button to the right of the pull-down menu which now says "spells.txt". At this point, the spell/item/monster editor will pop up. I find it easiest to maximize the editor when I am using it.

Next, scroll down the list of spell names and ID's at the top-left. Find the spell you want to change, and select its corresponding number. Just to the left of the list you just looked at is a list of attribute names and values.

If you saved your new spell "sparks" in effects10.bmp, the first two numbers for the "row" argument will be 10. if you saved it in effects13.bmp, for example, the first two numbers would be 13. The last number for the "row" argument will be what row in that bitmap the "sparks" are. (The first row is 0, going up by one, until the last row, which is 9) So, if you wanted the first row, in effects10.bmp, you would set the "row" argument to "100". (no quotes in the actual spells.txt)

Set the "row" argument to the number you just determined, and you should see the new "sparks" for the spell bouncing around in the little box BETWEEN the area with the arguments and the list of spells at the top-left.

--------------------

Sir Mj
Obsessive Member
Member # 4642

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Mj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do I get a scene to pause if a player gains a level after a fight?

This feature (due to make its debut in PangeaUltima) is a handy trick as well as being nice and easy for budding scripters to learn.

The Idealogy - As I like to tinker with anything and everything within the WoS engine when scripting, I decided to interrupt here for various reasons.

The Facts - No matter what kind of SCENE a player camps, hunts or fights in, we scripters are given control of the scene until we choose to begin a FIGHT (or FIGHT2)event as well as immediately after the FIGHT ends. Because of this we can gauge a players level both before AND after any FIGHT event.

The Formula - NOTE:- This needs to be applied to every scene containing a FIGHT event!!!

The Custom Cookies- Only 2 needed. Values in ( ) [Smile]
#<LvBefore> - Players level before a fight. (0-100)
#<LvlAfter> - Players level after a fight. (0-100)

Directly before a FIGHT event
code:

SET LvBefore , "#<num.hostLevel>"
GOTO @fightytime
' send them off to FIGHT
' you can also use the FIGHT command with a 0.1 WAIT between SETting the cookie and the FIGHT
END

Directly after a FIGHT event
code:
SET LvlAfter , "#<num.hostLevel"
WAIT 0.1
COMPARE #<LvBefore>, "#<LvlAfter>"
IF= @rollon
WAIT 0.1
WAIT 20
' 20 seconds can be changed to
' however long you wish to allow for
' a player to apply newly earned ability points.
GOTO @rollon
WAIT 0.1
END
@rollon
' This is where you do whatever nasties you wish to the player.
' Make them fight or be real nasty and
' Take half their HP THEN make them fight
' ... do your worst!!

--------------------
Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.

Crusard
Member # 2720

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crusard   Author's Homepage   Email Crusard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the FINAL VERSION of my level-up script. It's fully tested and fail-proof.

Change #<monsterID> to any other monsters you want for the fight.

;(Here goes the script Before the fight)
SET LvBefore, "#<num.hostLevel>"
FIGHT #<monsterID>
SET LvlAfter, "#<num.hostLevel>"
WAIT 0.1
COMPARE #<LvBefore>, #<LvlAfter>
IF= @LevelUpDone
IF> @LevelUpDone
MUSIC "LevelUp.mid"
SET currentpoints, "0"
ADD currentpoints, "#<num.hostSTR>"
ADD currentpoints, "#<num.hostWIS>"
ADD currentpoints, "#<num.hostSTA>"
ADD currentpoints, "#<num.hostAGI>"
ADD currentpoints, "#<num.hostDEX>"
SET targetpoints, "#<currentpoints>
ADD targetpoints, "10"
SET musiccounter, 0
@LevelUpWaitScript
WAIT 1
SET currentpoints, "0"
ADD currentpoints, "#<num.hostSTR>"
ADD currentpoints, "#<num.hostWIS>"
ADD currentpoints, "#<num.hostSTA>"
ADD currentpoints, "#<num.hostAGI>"
ADD currentpoints, "#<num.hostDEX>"
COMPARE #<currentpoints>, #<targetpoints>
IF= @LevelUpDone
MUSIC #silence
@keepmusic
GOTO @LevelUpWaitScript

@LevelUpDone
;(here goes the script After the fight)

[ 12-16-2004, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Crusard ]

Posts: 1119 | From: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad
Verbose Member
Member # 5460

Member Rated:
Minor typo in the script :

quote:
SET LvlAfter , "#<num.hostLevel"
You forgot the last '>' [Wink]

--------------------

Sir Mj
Obsessive Member
Member # 4642

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Mj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crusard also forgot that there's no need to take the 100-99 DE-LEVEL into account, though a 99 re-leveling would run into the 20 second wait in my quick-fix. Not hard to press exit though. [Smile]

A couple of questions regarding that "time efficient" version of yours if I may Crusard..

Any reason for using 20 ability points instead of ten for the difference between #<oldpoints> and #<newpoints> ?

If you want to make that script truly time efficient why not use a 0.1 WAIT as opposed to a whole second?

P.S. I'm not asking to sound picky or anything, I'm genuinely curious, as I know that all we scripters, programmers, hackers, whatever have a method to our madness. [Wink]

--------------------
Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.

mogura
Healthy Member
Member # 4696

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mogura   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Q: I'm making a world and sometimes my buttons turn green. They reappear intermittently but are not consistently displayed. What could be causing this?

A: Well of Souls must change directories if all of your art is not in one folder. Since it looks in the WoS\Worlds\World\Art folder first by default before checking WoS\Art, there can be delays between that directory change that prevent the game from reading a button. When this happens, a green square is displayed. To correct the problem, copy your art folder to your desktop. Then copy the WoS\Art folder to your world. Then cut your Art folder from your desktop and paste it into your world. It will replace the default graphics with your own, but will use any of the standard buttons or art as well.

--------------------
-mogura

WoD Dev
Unbound Samurai
Purveyor of Ponderings

Posts: 363 | From: orangeville | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flamelord
Compulsive Member
Member # 4491

Member Rated:
Hey! All my actors bob around in my scenes! How do I fix it?

STEP ONE: Open the skin file that you wish to make non-bobbing.

STEP TWO: Zoom in very close to the top-left corner. Notice how one pixel is the same color as the background of the skin. This pixel sets the background color for the WHOLE skin!

STEP THREE: Make the pixel immediately to the right of the background-color pixel ALSO the background color. This will make your skins hold still in a scene.

--------------------

Leon
Member # 5753

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leon   Author's Homepage   Email Leon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Q. why do some of my actors look like Gouls when i stated a different skin?

A. Check your actor that you spelt the name of the skin correctly and make sure that skin is located in your monsters folder.

--------------------
Swords of Villanousity - Semi-God of Well of Souls

Flamelord
Compulsive Member
Member # 4491

Member Rated:
Yes, sometimes you make an error typing in the name of an actor's skin, which causes it to use the first skin it finds in the default folder, I think. That skin turns out to be the Bone Ghoul or whatever it's called.

--------------------

Mysterious One
Veteran Member
Member # 5161

Member Rated:
Actually, it's the skin josh11, the Ghoul, delete that and the original skin and the actor vanishes. It won't use any other skin, it'll just vanish.

--------------------

Flamelord
Compulsive Member
Member # 4491

Member Rated:
What if I want to use a different file format than .txt for my scripts?

You can. All you have to do is open notepad, open the script you want to change to a different format (or you can type a new one) Click the "File" menu, move the cursor down to "Save As..." and click it. Then, you will see a dialog box asking you where to save it, and what to call it. Just below the input area for the name of the file is a pull-down box for the file format. Pull it down. Select "All files". Type in the name of your file, and the file extension you want it to have. (You should check to make sure the file extension you want to use is not used for anything else first) Then press "Save" or hit <Enter> on the keyboard.

When I try to open my new script file, it asks me what to open it with. How do I make it always open in notepad/wordpad?

This is a little more complicated. I will answer this for XP only, because I don't remember the exact things on '98.

First, open explorer.exe. You can do this by double clicking the "My Computer" icon on your desktop (Assuming you have it there. You should press "Start" and select My Computer if you do not, and are using Windows XP) Then, go to Tools>Folder Options. Select the tab that says "File Types".

It will then find all the file types on your computer. Then, press the key that corresponds with the first letter that you used in the file extension for your script. (If the first letter was "a", you would press "a" on the keyboard). Now, scroll down until you are through that section. (If it was "a" you would scroll until the last "a"-beginning file type) If you did not see your extension in use, press the "New" button. Type in the file extension you used for your script earlier (let's say it was ".arm", which is NOT in use on most computers) and press "OK". !DO NOT PRESS "Advanced" and fiddle with that! Now, selecting your new file type from the list (.ARM for example) press "Advanced" button, just below the "Delete" button.

This window will probably look just a little scary at first. At the top, there is an image of a "file" icon. Next to that, is a text box. In the text box, type "WoS Script File" without the quotes. That will make "WoS Script File" appear where "Text Document" does for .txt files. Do not close this dialog box yet. Next, we have to specify what it opens with. That is done with the "Actions:" list. Press the button "New" on the right of the "Actions" list.

In the "Action:" input box, type "open" without the quotes. Next, press the "Browse" button. Browse to C:\WINNT\ and find "notepad.exe". (if you want it to use WordPad, you can find that instead of notepad.) Press the "Open" button. Press the "OK" button.

Press the "OK" button. Press the "Close" button. You have now successfully created a new filetype, and specified what it opens with.

[ 05-21-2005, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Flamelord ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.