Synthetic Reality Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Other Games » Arcadia » Arcadia Development Notes (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Arcadia Development Notes
Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beoghztt   Author's Homepage   Email Beoghztt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Playing and building are different things.
Well, exactly. As long as you're only playing, you'll probably never need to know the toyNums.

Also, newbs will never grow out of noobs if people would have to spoon feed them - they need to learn to figure out this sort of stuff by themselves.

--------------------
This signature contains a lot of foul languages.
                                                                                   Also racism.

Posts: 2227 | From: Yokohama, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deadly Headshot
Compulsive Member
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deadly Headshot   Author's Homepage   Email Deadly Headshot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK then, hide a list in an easter egg on the game... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Carpé Agnus"
{GS} Pwnz
I like reviving old topics, it makes me feel needed...

{GS} is dead, sorry.

I've finally changed my av!

Posts: 2885 | From: Great Britain | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Darkclaw
Healthy Member
Member # 5367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darkclaw   Email Darkclaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still don't know the toy numbers and I've been playing for over 3 years. Does that make me a noob?

--------------------
-SoV

Posts: 343 | From: Sewers | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beoghztt   Author's Homepage   Email Beoghztt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, that's not what I said, although I believe you can figure that out on your own.

What I meant to say is that people could manage not to be a newb for not knowing the toyNums, so it isn't really an important issue to be resolved. In fact, the only time you'd ever need to know the toyNums are if you're a developer, or if you're hosting a server and you want it to brute-force a certain toy.

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

Deadly Headshot
Compulsive Member
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deadly Headshot   Author's Homepage   Email Deadly Headshot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So write it in the MiX help...

--------------------
"Carpé Agnus"
{GS} Pwnz
I like reviving old topics, it makes me feel needed...

{GS} is dead, sorry.

I've finally changed my av!

Posts: 2885 | From: Great Britain | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Can the option to disable %2 codes be added? It gets quite annoying when sharing URLs on Arc that includes %20s in it, because you'd have to manually add an extra % sign before it or the URL gets messed up.

You don't have to completely remove it, since %2 does have a use for AFK macros... but if it can't be made into an option so if one person disables it, it isn't necessarily applied to everyone else (since I judge the %2s work like the bleep censors), then... well, personally, I wouldn't mind it being removed.

Honestly, %2 doen't really have any significant use in Arcadia, other than for AFK macros... And I think I'm the only one who use it like that.

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

GuppyMan
Compulsive Member
Member # 44

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GuppyMan   Email GuppyMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But Beo, it isn't just %2 that would be a problem. All of the %# macros would cause a problem, depending on the URL. Though %2 is probably among the most common one. But a /url or /escape command or something indicating to not interpret the chat command would be useful.
Posts: 2675 | From: Washington | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
Hesacon
Obsessive Member
Member # 3724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hesacon   Author's Homepage   Email Hesacon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most smart people use an underscore instead of a space when uploading a webpage to the internet.

---

[ well, in url's you can of course use + instead of space -s]

[ 11-17-2009, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: samsyn ]

--------------------
SoV: Exalted Devout Oracle | World Developer | The Black Guard
Outside is just a prank older kids tell younger kids at Internet Camp

Posts: 9479 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Hesa, not all of the people on the Internet are smart enough to do that... although I won't name names here [Roll Eyes]

You could go tell Wikipedia that instead. They do indeed use the underscore to replace the space, but they still use parenthesis at some points.

And Gup, I know %2 isn't the only thing that could be the issue... but the %3, %4, and the %5 all have more useful usage than the %2, and they don't really need to be disabled imo (with the exception of the %3 that can be easily abused by spammers). Basically it's just the %2 people can do without.

[ 02-12-2008, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Beoghztt ]

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

Hesacon
Obsessive Member
Member # 3724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hesacon   Author's Homepage   Email Hesacon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If they're not smart enough to do that, how smart could their links be?

--------------------

Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Is being smart that important?

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

Hesacon
Obsessive Member
Member # 3724

Member Rated:
I've seen webpages designed by idiots... so in this case, yes.

--------------------

Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Well, as long as we can relay the information we wanted, it really won't matter.

Now, any real feedbacks?

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Arc seems to grab inputs from joysticks even when it's inactive. For example, you can join a game of synJet, switch window to something else and move your joystick, causing your plane in synJet to move in spite of Arcadia's inactivity.

As amusing as it is to be able to play two games at a time, e.g. Arcadia and ePSXe ^.^;, I still find this syndrome to be a glitch.

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Time for yet another bug report!

If an entry for your soul diary gets too old (I'm guessing somewhere around 2555 days old, or 7 years old), the "last seen date" will overflow to a negative value, as shown below.

-

Remedy? Delete older entries, of course [Embarrassed] I know I just like to hold on to the records of ancient players just so I could keep track of them if they ever come back on Arc.

Anyways, bugs are bugs so I'd thought I'd report it. I found it interesting to see cute and harmless bugs like this, too [Cool]

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oops, thanks for the report :-)

that's only about 200 million seconds, so I wouldn't have expected that to happen. ( would expect it to take about 2 billion seconds)

but I will check it out :-)

--------------------
He knows when you are sleeping.

Posts: 10561 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
Leniad
Veteran Member
Member # 194

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leniad   Author's Homepage   Email Leniad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aww... don't delete me? [Frown]

--------------------
"Eye of twilight give us sight
Take our offer, give us might
Make our power tears of night"

Posts: 794 | From: Somewhere in Argentina | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
That's exactly why I still have your entry in my diary, silly [Razz]

Welcome back, by the way.

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

Silent Knight
Compulsive Member
Member # 1594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silent Knight   Author's Homepage   Email Silent Knight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone still have the face I used to use on Arc in the computers? I miss it [Razz]
Posts: 3361 | From: Midland, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
No, well, I deleted your face and diary entry.

Just kidding, I still have it [Razz]

Though I believe that your face (FANTASY.Silent Knight 2.bmp if I remember correctly) is included with the Arcadia installer so every new player should already have your face.

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

Silent Knight
Compulsive Member
Member # 1594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silent Knight   Author's Homepage   Email Silent Knight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had another one I was using other than that one, but thats ok, I forgot about that one [Big Grin]
Posts: 3361 | From: Midland, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Any clue what the filename was? I just looked through all of the skins I had since 2002, and I couldn't find anything with your name in it, other than the one I mentioned in the previous post.

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

Luke 3024
Member # 7451

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke 3024     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can i be in sov
Posts: 97 | From: america | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Try G&T, Luke.

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

Divine Sword
Healthy Member
Member # 8073

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Divine Sword   Email Divine Sword   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Slither Slither.

--------------------
Let it out, let it out. Don't get caught up in yourself. Let it out...

Posts: 205 | From: All around you | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.