Synthetic Reality Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Other Games » Warpath and Rocket Club » 3D Modelling Programs (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 3D Modelling Programs
DarkSlasher117
Healthy Member
Member # 2544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkSlasher117   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess he means it in terms of ease of use.

--------------------
[AIM: EnArcanusMagus]

Posts: 405 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
$FISTofFATE$
Obsessive Member
Member # 918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for $FISTofFATE$   Email $FISTofFATE$   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Microsoft can see us here, they spy on us all the time [Frown]

--------------------
Retired Lord of Internal Affairs
Lords of Destruction

Posts: 6363 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laoch Paladin
Obsessive Member
Member # 232

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Laoch Paladin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Soon, the US government will be watching us too. Ph33r.

--------------------
But if we COULD use nails in the walls, I'd have a nail-bunny and I wouldn't need you!

Posts: 6096 | From: Minnesnowta | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Casey
Verbose Member
Member # 522

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a copy of a program for solid edge, which is more for engineering graphics, however i can still do a lot with it. it was free for me b/c of college (academic license) but it normally costs a few hundred bones.

There is another one that is totally free called blender, go here--> http://www.blender3d.com to try it out

--------------------
The cheese doesn't wear me, I wear the cheese.

Posts: 1314 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
DarkSlasher117
Healthy Member
Member # 2544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkSlasher117   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's Braveheart's AIM SN? Mine is DarkSlasher117

--------------------

DarkSlasher117
Healthy Member
Member # 2544

Hey...did you know that my Avatar was made in Bryce?

--------------------

aragornSoH
Healthy Member
Member # 2045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aragornSoH   Email aragornSoH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan....this has nothing to do with warpath .....but it does with 3D modeling programs [Smile] ....

There is a little program I found called Terragen...its freeware and gots a good amount of plugins that are freeware also...

Its simple and easy to use.....

What it does is make 3D terrain pictures...Which could be used well for scene pictures in WoS worlds...I dunno if your intrested or not...but ill check back here to see what you say then ill drop you a link...(i gotta dig it out)

[ 08-14-2002, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: aragornSoH ]

--------------------
The difference between an insult and an opinion is it's wording. *a quote by aragorn* For all of those who do not belive this, remember they once punished a man because he said the world was flat.

Posts: 443 | From: Garland,Texas,USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Thunderbolt16
Member # 324

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thunderbolt16   Author's Homepage   Email Thunderbolt16   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My comment was towards was that Bryce was the only software anyone would need. Although Bryce 5 does have a nice landscape (mountain) modeling tool, fantastic procedural textures and a good ray-tracer, its controls and interface aren't the best, it has extremely long rendertimes for complex animations, and near zero modeling capabilities. I personally do use Bryce 5 for my 3d landscape needs, but I tend to do more charecter and object modelling/animation, which Bryce 5 isn't especiallly suited for.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Bryce is a good 3D tool, one that I use, but you can't do everything with it.

Posts: 57 | From: Colorado Springs, CO, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gary Till
Member # 4049

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gary Till   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Till   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] i know a realy easy to use and realy cheap($0.00)3d program you can make good quality models in it and it is made by a guy that works for nvidia go to anim8or homepage [Big Grin]
Posts: 11 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
mdk
Veteran Member
Member # 2211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mdk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anim8or rox!
I've just tried it out and its not to hard and has good toturials. To bad it doesnt have SDK

[ 07-23-2003, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: mdk ]

--------------------
First lvl 100 in RoT ^^
FoA Forums

Posts: 839 | From: hmm it would be easier if i knew that | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
mdk
Veteran Member
Member # 2211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mdk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
MilkShape can convert .3ds files exported from Anim8or into Half-Life and Quake models:
http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft

sounds good [Big Grin]

[e]
 -
wee my first 3d pic. (afther an hour of usin the program [Eek!] , and uhh. It should be a spaceship =/ )
[/e]

[ 07-24-2003, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: mdk ]

--------------------
First lvl 100 in RoT ^^
FoA Forums

Posts: 839 | From: hmm it would be easier if i knew that | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gerchy
Healthy Member
Member # 4469

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
while Bryce 5 overall is by far the most powerful, i think terragen is amazing for making scenes! simple, easy, SO FAST TO LEARN, legally free and looks alot mroe realistic.

in other words.. woah.

--------------------
Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise.

HeAd
Spammer
Member # 662

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HeAd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Terragen is pretty powerful when it comes to making scenes.

As far as Bryce 5, it's great for learning how to do stuff but it's not going to give you the 100% you really want. Well, depending on what you do anyways.

I haven't used Bryce in a long time, but I can say that 3DS Max is pretty powerful as well as Maya. There are some good things to say about 4D-Cinema? as well. I haven't used Maya (Nor 4D-C) before, but from what I've heard they're pretty powerful. Maya was the program they used for the FF movie as well as Matrix, Lotr, etc. But 3DS-Max has impressive clients as well such as the people who made GTAIII/VC? and Spliter Cell.

Btw, you bumped a REALLY old topic. [Razz]

--------------------
I drew the cute little pig in my avatar.
You don't have a cute little pig in your avatar. I win!

Posts: 10782 | From: Spammely Hills | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hear GMAX is being discontinued.

--------------------
He knows when you are sleeping.

Posts: 10561 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
Mangudai of Rha
Healthy Member
Member # 5704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mangudai of Rha         Edit/Delete Post 
I have maya and have no idea how to use it and really wish I did, and those games are made actually with 3D max, maya is more for art, cinema, and moddling aspects, as seen in doom its engineered with its own thing, but they take exports from their maya models. etc

Honestly though i cant even make a circle in maya lol, blender is a lil easier though ive made some blobs before in it.

--------------------
Give me one last say on the matter.

Posts: 320 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hesacon
Obsessive Member
Member # 3724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hesacon   Author's Homepage   Email Hesacon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you made that, cyanide, then I'm impressed by you [Eek!]

--------------------
SoV: Exalted Devout Oracle | World Developer | The Black Guard
Outside is just a prank older kids tell younger kids at Internet Camp

Posts: 9479 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mangudai of Rha
Healthy Member
Member # 5704

trust me I have no clue what to do on maya, its got way to many buttons and stuff and the mouse does 8000 different things and never the same thing each time lol. See there are these damn little tutorial video things but i dont have the patience or conn to get them all.

--------------------

~Braveheart~
Veteran Member
Member # 873

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~Braveheart~   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only like the sword/emblem.
But didn't drop my jaw though. The texturing is horrible. Probally a bmp as overlay?

--------------------
I have always thought a SIG without a image suck!

Posts: 638 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mangudai of Rha
Healthy Member
Member # 5704

Damn, I think this dude is like the only guy ever that I have met online that does that stuff, can you believe that? And ive been a net junkie for like 6 years.

--------------------

Mangudai of Rha
Healthy Member
Member # 5704

Where????

--------------------

~Braveheart~
Veteran Member
Member # 873

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~Braveheart~   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Devianart.com
3d-palace.com
me

--------------------
I have always thought a SIG without a image suck!

Posts: 638 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hesacon
Obsessive Member
Member # 3724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hesacon   Author's Homepage   Email Hesacon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like I'm getting a copy of Maya.

--------------------
SoV: Exalted Devout Oracle | World Developer | The Black Guard
Outside is just a prank older kids tell younger kids at Internet Camp

Posts: 9479 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Napolean Dynamite
Member # 6680

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Napolean Dynamite   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice skills Cyan ut you still need hacking skills to get chicks.

<3 Napolean

--------------------
Chicks only go for guys with skills, DUH!!

You know, like Bow-Staff skills, Nunchuku skills and hacking skills.

Posts: 29 | From: t3h Intert3ts | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mangudai of Rha
Healthy Member
Member # 5704

Dude, I was working in maya, and like woah, I had to close it, that stuff is just overload, man I didn't know wheather to **** or go blind. Heck i think i had blender down a lil better then it.

--------------------

Vicrry
Member # 6339

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vicrry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a model I've done up in blender, but I'm having difficulty getting it into Milkshape. Anyone know how this is done?
l33t Domain
Healthy Member
Member # 7633

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for l33t Domain   Author's Homepage   Email l33t Domain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a lot of recorces...In the newer versions will I have to start over?

I drew a Turbine Rocket [Smile]

----------------------------------------
I will hax ALL Servers! [Big Grin]
----------------------------------------

--------------------
So I heard you like Mugwomps.

Posts: 123 | From: Tyler,TX | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Nobody
Veteran Member
Member # 7934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nobody   Email Nobody   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What would be the best free program for someone who knows nothing about 3D modeling? It doesn't have to be fancy, just simple enough for me to learn with and use right from the go.

--------------------
All is silent in the halls of the dead.

Posts: 991 | From: The Abyss | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rocket Club Loves teh MilkShape:

http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/

It's powerful, easy to use, and your models are immediately usable in Rocket Club

------

Lots of other people would point you at Blender, but I find that weird, hard to use, and just plain strange.

I don't know though, maybe it better prepares you for a professional career using Maya or 3dsMax.

--------------------
He knows when you are sleeping.

Posts: 10561 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
Nobody
Veteran Member
Member # 7934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nobody   Email Nobody   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! Now, to get started oon learning to make a Goa'uld fleet of ships...

--------------------
All is silent in the halls of the dead.

Posts: 991 | From: The Abyss | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mad
Verbose Member
Member # 5460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad   Author's Homepage   Email Mad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blender isn't too bad too - I just don't know if there is a version for Windows [Smile]

--------------------
athelias.biz - Forums - Worlds' List

Posts: 1812 | From: Moe's | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lord FireFox
Veteran Member
Member # 68

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord FireFox   Author's Homepage   Email Lord FireFox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes there is a Blender for Windows, but the interface is kinda scary, you'll have to spend some time learning it but after that it's pretty powerful to use.

Also it's free.

[ 11-29-2008, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Lord FireFox ]

--------------------
The goal of all these versions (of Windows Vista) is to provide "a clear value proposition" for all customers, regardless of thier expertise. -MS and a feeling of being ripped off, regardless of their tax bracket-Lurch

Posts: 681 | From: PA, USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
l33t Domain
Healthy Member
Member # 7633

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for l33t Domain   Author's Homepage   Email l33t Domain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend Jake drew this up in 3DS MAX, I tried to import it into Rocket Club(In Solo Mode [Razz] ), but it froze up and crashed. Only 762,144 polygons, nothing can go wrong!

-

--------------------
So I heard you like Mugwomps.

Posts: 123 | From: Tyler,TX | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.