Synthetic Reality Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Well of Souls » WoS Skinners Forum » Skinning FAQ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Skinning FAQ
yonkid6
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
hey look i tried to find ms paint tool bar or even use MSM, but nothing works, anyone help me?
IP: Logged
twilytgardnfaery
Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twilytgardnfaery   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The reason the adventurer skin consistently appears in the place of a custom skin has been addressed, however, what causes a random skin to display instead of a custom skin SOMETIMES? I finally got my skin close enough to what I want that I'm willing to use it until I can be bothered to touch it up, but every now and then, it randomly starts displaying Sorcereress2 instead of twily2, even on my screen. I've checked the dimensions, the colours are right, the corner dot is the right colour, the guidelines are solid... What am I doing wrong?
Posts: 4 | From: Arcady | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Minkor
Compulsive Member
Member # 3856

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minkor   Email Minkor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you in another person's camp when it changes to a skin you get with WoS?

--------------------
Swords of Villanousity
Reaper Skins, Inc.

Kung Fu Man
Member # 7147

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kung Fu Man   Email Kung Fu Man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to bring this up, you know most mugen creators don't like this sorta deal unless you ask them for permission, right?

It's just that ripping the sprites originally and getting timing and that good jazz isn't easy at all folks.

[ 07-15-2006, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Kung Fu Man ]

dragonflame327
Member # 7177

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonflame327   Email dragonflame327   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay...I know modding is looked down upon, but this was basically my first time doing it. I'm planning to do my own now that I've got some experience with pixel art, and I'm putting in the credits frame, under the original credits, that I modifed it. I took a skin of sprites of Setsuna from LB2 and re-colored it, taking bits of the outfit away adding totally new parts so it's not like I just messed with the color palette. I never touched the layout. For some reason, it still shows an Adventurer. It's a file size of 34.1 KB and the dimensions are 1188 x 198. Does anyone know why it wouldn't show up? Thanks for reading.

-DF

[ 07-29-2006, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: dragonflame327 ]

-=Ja=-
Verbose Member
Member # 1878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -=Ja=-   Author's Homepage   Email -=Ja=-   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It shouldn't matter, alot of the creators aren't the original creators..

Most of the mugen characters you see have been edited so many times its hard to count. They are basicly free to edit anyways since people use them for games, hense the free mugen creator you can find, and download with most sff. files.

--------------------
Beware The forbidden death, Kiss of The Dragon!

Faithful defender of the Lord.

Posts: 1033 | From: From place, to place. | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonflame327
Member # 7177

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonflame327   Email dragonflame327   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That eases my conscience. Thanks.^^ But do you know why it's not working? Any idea?
Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beoghztt   Author's Homepage   Email Beoghztt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for a very newbish question. How do you turn your skin into the RLE format, other than by overwriting others'?

--------------------
This signature contains a lot of foul languages.
                                                                                   Also racism.

Posts: 2227 | From: Yokohama, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Coops
Member # 6601

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coops   Email Coops   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys,
Quick question. Why is my skin a cat? The Book of Skins shows it as the skin I made, and so does WoSViewer. At first, the magic frame wasn't working, because I didn't have the width correct, but I could see the rest of the frames in-game. As soon as I corrected the width, all frames showed up in the Book of Skins and so forth, but the skin stopped showing all together in game.

It's not showing random skins, just the cat.

Any help?

-Coops.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I need someone who'll laugh at all my jokes. You know, honest feedback!

Posts: 27 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Coops
Member # 6601

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coops   Email Coops   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
S'okay!

Catter helped me with it. The file name was too long. I swear this skinning thing's harder than scripting! =P

Thanks anyway guys!

-Coops.

--------------------
I need someone who'll laugh at all my jokes. You know, honest feedback!

Posts: 27 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Minkor
Compulsive Member
Member # 3856

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minkor   Email Minkor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't use commas in skin names either. I'm sure there's other such symbols that make skins unable to be used in others' camps.

--------------------
Swords of Villanousity
Reaper Skins, Inc.

nightrider
Healthy Member
Member # 4380

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nightrider   Author's Homepage   Email nightrider   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to bring this up, you know most mugen creators don't like this sorta deal unless you ask them for permission, right?

It's just that ripping the sprites originally and getting timing and that good jazz isn't easy at all folks.

[ 07-15-2006, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Kung Fu Man ]
**Kung Fu Man I hope your still watching this thread. Most of the skins you find on Mugeneration or other skinning sites for the basic download of the character are giving you the basics to work with, What you do there after is up to your imagination. Some of my skins when Compressed where Usually between 100mb-1,000mb in size depending on who the character was and How bad I wanted him/her to look! So most of mine would not transfere threw the game itself. Usually I would send people to my site where I had a zip of them. Mind you there over 8 years old But they will still blow people away! !

Update:
The site is still up and Running, I do not know if the links are still working. Vista won't allow me to do skins anymore. When saving in Vista Program, It distorts the colors and images which makes it Impossible to over lap images as I have in my skins. Don't know if windows 7 does the same I hope not Otherwise I'm going back to Windows XP !

http://www.freewebs.com/nightrider1962/
Created March 2003

[ 01-28-2011, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: nightrider ]

--------------------
http://www.freeweb.com/nightrider1962

Life isn't measured by how many cups of sugar it takes to sweeten up your friends but by how many friends are still alive after they eat your cooking!

Posts: 114 | From: Northern California | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.