Synthetic Reality Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Well of Souls » World Developers Forum » World Usage Update (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: World Usage Update
saxamophone0
Obsessive Member
Member # 2917

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saxamophone0   Author's Homepage   Email saxamophone0   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was a cute caricature, Beo.

And ditto on the update.

--------------------
Word is born.

Posts: 8539 | From: NYC | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
except I hate 'smoked' anything. smoked turkey, smoked bacon, smoked cheese. eww.

The best cheese I ever ate was "Edam" fresh at the place that made it in Holland, sliced super thin with a tool I ought to try to buy one of.

Lately I have been not enjoying the cheese I buy at the store, but never really remember what I bought (it gets re-wrapped as part of the consumption process) so I never know what to avoid the next time. Do I like Colby? Longhorn? Mild Cheddar? Sharp Cheddar? I am never sure.

But I have grown to enjoy the taste of fried butter. (i.e. frying something in a little butter). A bad taste to acquire.

--------------------
He knows when you are sleeping.

Posts: 10997 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
Mad
Verbose Member
Member # 5460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad   Author's Homepage   Email Mad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally, we're talking about real things! Cheese!

(Ya, <- french inside, sry - and eventually the first dev who made a private class called "Cheese" in his world)

But how dare you call Cheddar "cheese", seriously? Sorry, but I'm shocked.

--------------------
athelias.biz - Forums - Worlds' List

Posts: 1812 | From: Moe's | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flamelord
Compulsive Member
Member # 4491

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flamelord   Author's Homepage   Email Flamelord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps because it is cheese, despite any elitist distinctions you may wish to make.

--------------------
Constantinople! We shall never forget your zany barge poles!

Posts: 4232 | From: Gresham, OR | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sir Mj
Obsessive Member
Member # 4642

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Mj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The best cheese I ever ate was "Edam" fresh at the place that made it in Holland, sliced super thin with a tool I ought to try to buy one of.
Tres cool. Visit Rotterdam by any chance? The water taxi drivers there are insane (in a fun way)!

quote:
Lately I have been not enjoying the cheese I buy at the store, but never really remember what I bought (it gets re-wrapped as part of the consumption process) so I never know what to avoid the next time. Do I like Colby? Longhorn? Mild Cheddar? Sharp Cheddar? I am never sure.
If you like Edam you should give some of the softer cheeses a try. Brie & Camembert are my personal faves, especially the range from King Island dairy.

[ 07-30-2009, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Sir Mj ]

--------------------
Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.

Mad
Verbose Member
Member # 5460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad   Author's Homepage   Email Mad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
despite any elitist distinctions you may wish to make
Oh yeah, I'm definitely an elitist, but let's not talk about it or it's gonna bring negativity in this topic, and it kinda is the wrong forum for that. Anyway, we already know the argue: we're gonna talk about why I never aknowledged you as a decent world dev, then you're gonna say you don't care at all, and then... err then I probably won't reply anything because I'm gonna be off from this board for another few weeks/months.

So yeah, Cheddar is more like bubble gum than cheese.

MJ: this company looks interesting - do you have more infos about how the cheese is made? You know most of the time when you talk about french cheese (or wine), the name refers to a region, or a town (and actually the rules are very strict: you can't produce a kind of cheese anywhere). Yet in the english language, this distinction disappears, which doesn't mean the product isn't good, but we're not talking about the same thing. French champagn for exemple is a pleonasm: "Champagn" is a region in France, nevertheless for an english speaker it refers to any kind of sparkling wine.

Yes, cheese is major source of misunderstanding in the UN, much more than Irak.

--------------------
athelias.biz - Forums - Worlds' List

Posts: 1812 | From: Moe's | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flamelord
Compulsive Member
Member # 4491

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flamelord   Author's Homepage   Email Flamelord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheddar is cheese. If you think otherwise, please consult your favorite dictionary or encyclopedia. You will find that there are no elitism exceptions in the definitions. As for your thinly veiled ad hominem, your opinions are your own, but I don't see how your opinion of my status as a world developer has any bearing on my ability to challenge your silliness on the subject of cheese. I really don't see how that would have entered the conversation at all, except as ad hominem on your part.

You are right about one thing, though: your opinion of me as a world developer really doesn't matter to me in the least. Your disdain toward a very yummy sort of cheese actually matters more. I certainly acknowledge your accomplishment of world developing, but I doubt you care either. So here we sit in a pool of mutual uncaring. A thoroughly uninteresting situation.

Your turn! :-D

--------------------

knucklesandwich
Veteran Member
Member # 3704

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for knucklesandwich   Email knucklesandwich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, i've never seen that many *marmalade* words i need to go back to school.

[Eek!]

--------------------
Bloody Warlord

Posts: 709 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sean/SoD
Healthy Member
Member # 7959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean/SoD   Email Sean/SoD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Closing in on 2 years since last usage update!
I'd like to see a list just out of curiosity

[ 01-05-2010, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Sean/SoD ]

Posts: 329 | From: Victoria, Australia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
saxamophone0
Obsessive Member
Member # 2917

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saxamophone0   Author's Homepage   Email saxamophone0   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Closing in on 3 years since the last request, which was 2 years, since the last update. For curiosity and tradition's sake, (and as sad as it is) we'd like to see one!

--------------------
Word is born.

Posts: 8539 | From: NYC | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
IceFox/ Silver
Member # 2200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IceFox/ Silver   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second Sax's request, it's been way too long! [Wink]

--------------------
Silver
RoT's Homepage - ProxBeta

Posts: 7103 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Flamelord
Compulsive Member
Member # 4491

Member Rated:
I don't suppose there's any chance of another list coming out?

--------------------

zim zim
Veteran Member
Member # 1233

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zim zim   Author's Homepage   Email zim zim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think a WoS usage list would be more likely.

--------------------
I'll be around here until the plug gets pulled.
http://flashzz.webs.com/

Posts: 550 | From: USA-WI | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.