Synthetic Reality Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Well of Souls » Guilds and Tournaments » Fought for Tags?

Author Topic: Fought for Tags?
F'Nok
Member # 201

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for F'Nok   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Purpose of this thread
Here you can post about tag fights you've had with other people, bear witness, call foul and otherwise discuss the tag fights other people have posted.

Why is this thread needed?
Put simply, many people think that tag fights are important enough to be reported on the G&T forums.
I don't have issue with such reporting, but they should have at least some remote organisation.

When should I post a tag fight elsewhere?
If there is a topic devoted to a particular war then it's probably a better place to post your tag fights (assuming it was between members of guilds involved in that war).
This thread is for wars that are either too small to justify their own thread, fights that happened outside a war, etc.

Why can't I just post a new topic about my tag fight?
Tag fights seem to be increasingly common. As such, there would be numerous such topics, and this forum is primarily for guilds to communicate with each other (both positevely and negatively) and to organise tournaments. Every single battle doesn't justify a new topic.
To compound the issue, most people seem incapable of naming thier topics in an informative manner, so the numerous tag fight threads become even more useless and annoying to users that simply wish to use the forum for its intended purpose.

What if I post a topic for my tag fight anyway?
Any new threads proclaiming a fight for tags that are not either in this topic, or in a topic dedicated to that war will be removed. Is you consistantly post topics that have to be removed than I may take further action, such as requesting that you have your rights to post on the forum removed.
I don't like asking for people to be removed and I'm a pretty firm supporter of free speech, these rules are merely to make the forum more manageable and useful to everyone in the community, and not to infringe upon your right to brag and/or flame each other. [Razz]
Just make sure you post it in the right place.

What happened to the old topic?
It was full of crap by basically two people telling me they don't like it. Rather than dealing with three pages of drivel I just created a new topic and removed the old one.

And just because I think it suits the theme of the thread...
Here's a little something Tina had to say about it last time. [Big Grin]

-

Note that I will remove posts further debating the point of this topic.

--------------------
Kai-Goddess of SoV.
Swords of Villanousity : Website : Guild Hall : Forums

Posts: 5323 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sokujin
Verbose Member
Member # 2590

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Sokujin   Email Sokujin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay F'nok, tell me this.

What is the purpose of fighting for Tags?

--------------------
General of the Penguin Armies!Leader of the Penguin Rebelion!Father of Penguin Wars 2!

Posts: 1270 | From: Fort Carson, Colorado | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
F'Nok
Member # 201

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for F'Nok   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Okay F'nok, tell me this.

What is the purpose of fighting for Tags?

Personally, I don't like the idea of fighting for tags. But this forum is for everyone, not just me, so they still need a place to post about it. [Razz]

--------------------
Kai-Goddess of SoV.

PsYcOtIc
Obsessive Member
Member # 2786

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PsYcOtIc   Email PsYcOtIc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the amount of guilds in the guild hall, and the amount of players available, fighting for tags is needed to free up some of the talent pool so that other guilds may have a turn being on top.

It's like the circle of life for guilds, only nothing to do with lions or Disney.

--------------------
chown -fR ~/base -us

Posts: 6821 | From: Aldergrove, BC | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Valandil Shadowstalker
Compulsive Member
Member # 5364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valandil Shadowstalker   Email Valandil Shadowstalker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because you have braces. RINSE!

--------------------
"Essentially this is what must be developed: the art of giving out in love and intelligence what is taken in from vision and the experience of self-transcendence and solidarity with the universe."

Geno Brother of Water

Geno Rangers!

Posts: 3526 | From: Taiwan | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Drifter
Verbose Member
Member # 6954

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Drifter   Email The Drifter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rinsed! I just wanted to be popular...

--------------------
Eternum Vitae - The Drifter

"I wanna touch the sky unleash control,
wanna feel time travel right through my soul."

Posts: 1623 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Seth
Member # 8021

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth   Email Seth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a tag fight with Valandil.

50-0

I won, he didn't remove his tags. Should he be reported? I think so.

--------------------
He who always moves first wins.
Don't let emotion rule reason.

-Seth

Posts: 41 | From: Toronto | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Red Rellik
Veteran Member
Member # 7378

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Rellik   Email Red Rellik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cyrus fought Buff and he didn't remove his tag because Cyrus wasn't paying attention to the pacifics.

Get over it you dumbass.

I doubt you could 50-0 on anyone.

-Red Rellik

--------------------
KoS family always and forever <3

You can't beat me at fighting

Posts: 894 | From: lexington | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kakashi
Verbose Member
Member # 7046

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kakashi   Email Kakashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol. Cyrus wasnt paying attention to the ocean? [Confused] ok......

--------------------
-Epiphany may be gone, but its spirit lives through me-

Hayloft Nightmare: Tyler, you should ask for another personal so I can give it to Steve

Scientology must be destroyed

Thanks to Geno, i have many pks.

Posts: 1743 | From: Pearl Harbor, Hawaii | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Faaip de Oiad
Verbose Member
Member # 6617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faaip de Oiad   Author's Homepage   Email Faaip de Oiad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Cyrus fought Buff and he didn't remove his tag because Cyrus wasn't paying attention to the pacifics.

Get over it you dumbass.

Oh the irony.

That's ****ing priceless. "Pacifics" ahahahahahah.

--------------------
The earth is now black from the torment I have set upon it.
All show bow, serve, and praise thy name.

Posts: 1835 | From: Homewood, Illinois, USA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zizanovic
Compulsive Member
Member # 4291

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zizanovic   Author's Homepage   Email Zizanovic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fighting for tags is pointless. Say i beat this guy and he says ok and takes his tags off. After you think youve done something special he goes to another server and puts them back on... You Dig???

--------------------
Epiphany-The Elite
Pray for my downfall...

Posts: 2700 | From: North Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
knucklesandwich
Veteran Member
Member # 3704

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for knucklesandwich   Email knucklesandwich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
F-Nok, lets fight for tags now. I'll meet you on Parsaw'z grass in a hour, be there or be square! [Razz]
Posts: 709 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grimreapu
Member # 5099

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grimreapu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Turns out he is still square.

--------------------
We're all just prisoners of our own device.

We will gladly feast on the souls of those who would subdue us.

Posts: 66 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
F'Nok
Member # 201

Member Rated:
quote:
Turns out he is still square.
I lolled.

--------------------
Kai-Goddess of SoV.

Hesacon
Obsessive Member
Member # 3724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hesacon   Author's Homepage   Email Hesacon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Almost 27 hours late to the party [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
SoV: Exalted Devout Oracle | World Developer | The Black Guard
Outside is just a prank older kids tell younger kids at Internet Camp

Posts: 9479 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Geno Ranger Prap
Compulsive Member
Member # 8095

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geno Ranger Prap   Email Geno Ranger Prap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A wizard is never late. He(she) arrives precisely when he(she) means too.

--------------------
Innovation aimed at benefiting humanity is useless if it’s only accessible to a wealthy minority.

Posts: 3472 | From: The Bat Lair | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
Raven
Verbose Member
Member # 272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raven   Email Raven       Edit/Delete Post 
In this case, He never showed up. Darn Wizards.

<3Tina

--------------------
I messed around with SoV and LoD and got destroyed. See my story - http://ivy.iwarp.com

Posts: 1511 | From: Avalon | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Geno Ranger Prap
Compulsive Member
Member # 8095

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geno Ranger Prap   Email Geno Ranger Prap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid mind readers and data collectors.

--------------------
Innovation aimed at benefiting humanity is useless if it’s only accessible to a wealthy minority.

Posts: 3472 | From: The Bat Lair | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.