Synthetic Reality Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Well of Souls » Guilds and Tournaments » Topic Names

Author Topic: Topic Names
F'Nok
Member # 201

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for F'Nok   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd just like to remind everyone that I will start removing topics without a descriptive title again.

The number of pointless topic names was out of hand when I did this last time, and then everyone (well almost) seemed to get the idea so I let it go again.

Now I see a significant number of topics are doing it again, so any topics posted after this one are subject to deletion if the title is meaningless.
I don't want to have to make this a permanent feature of this forum, so I hope this is the last time I have to do this.

Ideas to create meaningful topic titles:
  • Include your guild name.
  • Include the names of guilds you are talking to or about.
  • If it's a war declaration, include the guild declaring war, and the guild you have declared on.
  • If you are declaring on many guilds at once (More than three) it's acceptable to say that instead (ex. "Lame declares on many guilds", or "Lame declares on a bunch of stupid noob guilds").
  • If it's a personal topic, or directed at a single person, take it to IM, or use the C&A forum, it shouldn't be here anyway.
  • If it's a victory post, include the name of your guild, and the name of the guild you claim to have beaten.

--------------------
Kai-Goddess of SoV.
Swords of Villanousity : Website : Guild Hall : Forums

Posts: 5323 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
F'Nok
Member # 201

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for F'Nok   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, this is stickied until people learn to actually do it. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Kai-Goddess of SoV.

F'Nok
Member # 201

Member Rated:
Anyone missing a topic recently?

Perhaps you should read this thread again!

--------------------
Kai-Goddess of SoV.

F'Nok
Member # 201

Member Rated:
People still don't seem to get it, so here's a reminder.

Read this topic and at least try to name your threads appropriately. Failure to do so will just result in your thread being deleted, no matter how good or appropriate the content of that thread was.

--------------------
Kai-Goddess of SoV.

F'Nok
Member # 201

Member Rated:
*cough*

--------------------
Kai-Goddess of SoV.

FatBatMonkey
Verbose Member
Member # 5406

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FatBatMonkey   Email FatBatMonkey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tut tut, don't spam, 'Nok!

--------------------
Hi biznatches :D

Posts: 1701 | From: Cair Paravel | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
OrchidMystique
Veteran Member
Member # 2934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OrchidMystique   Author's Homepage   Email OrchidMystique   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You keep saying it, they keep doing it. Sounds like a parent with unruly children, doesn't it?
Persistence, that's the key!
Good luck in your efforts to keep this playground in order, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

No 'Nok, I am not making fun of you. I am extended my sympathies. I have been the parent with the unruly children, I know how much fun that can be [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 758 | From: Washington | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Mj
Obsessive Member
Member # 4642

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Mj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
STFU and make me dinner mum!
J/K Roxy. [Razz]

--------------------
Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.

Zizanovic
Compulsive Member
Member # 4291

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zizanovic   Author's Homepage   Email Zizanovic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see F'Nut is still harassing people, wow

--------------------
Epiphany-The Elite
Pray for my downfall...

Posts: 2700 | From: North Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.