my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Other Games » Arcadia » synJet Development Notes

Author Topic: synJet Development Notes
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Announcing version 0013
-----------------------

What's New?

* options dialog lets you pick your starting vehicle. (cessna, mig, f-16, or cruise missile)

* options dialog lets you pick your realism mode (easy, fun, or real)

* new realism mode 'easy' implements more arcade-like flight physics. Go ahead and lean on the controls, no light and/or deft touch is required.

There is no penalty (at present) for flying in easy or fun mode (fun and easy are the same at present)

* new Status column lets everyone know your state. (flying, landed, crashed, splashed, ejected)

* ooops, forgot to remove the 'score' column.

* improved 'real' mode flight physics

* ILS (instrument landing system) needles appear in target window, if target offers ILS (runway or aircraft carrier, for example)

I did ILS at the last second, and it's not very cool yet... but it does sort of appear to work.

* fixed lots of little state exchange problems (probably added some new ones).

--------------------
He knows when you are sleeping.

Posts: 10610 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
GuppyMan
Compulsive Member
Member # 44

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GuppyMan   Email GuppyMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need to quit spamming every topic to get your post count up.
Posts: 2675 | From: Washington | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
Raikoukami
Member # 6513

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raikoukami   Email Raikoukami   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its pretty awsome alot better than it was expect for speed wise but now its more playable ... and iw as just getting good at spinning out of control [Razz]
Posts: 4 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Phoenix Star
Healthy Member
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoenix Star   Author's Homepage   Email Phoenix Star   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, am I the only one that can handle Real mode? Too bad I can't go to 5000% anymore. Can't seem to keep up with Agent Zeltar... Oh and the time it takes to crash after you get splashed is still way too long. Why can't you just make airplanes explode and disappear?

--------------------
I'm remaking Gretok and need people to collaborate with. Contact me if you're an artist or scripter.

Posts: 327 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beoghztt   Author's Homepage   Email Beoghztt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, you might want to add that laptop users can use NumLock keys in lieu of using an external USB NumPads, in the toy page. I don't know about English laptops, but the NumLock key on my laptop will replace some keys on the keyboard with NumPad keys. (I have a Japanese laptop, by the way)

On my keyboard, U, I, and O will be replaced by 4, 5, and 6, respectively, and J, K, L are replaced by 1, 2, 3.

--------------------
This signature contains a lot of foul languages.
                                                                                   Also racism.

Posts: 2227 | From: Yokohama, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stick Man
Member # 5558

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stick Man   Author's Homepage   Email Stick Man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
say... any minimum requirments to play that you might think is needed?

--------------------
Sven Co-op YaY

Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beoghztt   Author's Homepage   Email Beoghztt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You mean for synJet?

Well, if your machine runs Arcadia smoothly, then you're basically all set. Also, just for synJet, you need a working NumPad, otherwise you will not be able to fire.

Here's the requirement for Arcadia, in case you haven't played it yet:

quote:
System Requirements: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/Me/XP/etc, Pentium 90, 32M RAM (64M recommended), DirectX (version 3 or higher), Internet Explorer (for embedded web features), 50 MB free hard drive space (more is better). As with all windows applications, performance will be most improved by adding memory to your system. Memory is your friend, buy more today. Arcadia's retro graphics style does not require a powerful computer.

[ 07-31-2006, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Beoghztt ]

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

Hesacon
Obsessive Member
Member # 3724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hesacon   Author's Homepage   Email Hesacon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't need winzip for WoS or Arcadia anymore.

--------------------
SoV: Exalted Devout Oracle | World Developer | The Black Guard
Outside is just a prank older kids tell younger kids at Internet Camp

Posts: 9479 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Thank you for pointing out, didn't know that. [Smile]

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

Zepros
Member # 5027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zepros     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a suggestion for the next update(that'll be a while -.-; ), but is there any chance of adding an option for the mod to turn off remote control for other players?

It gets a bit annoying when some idiot decides to teleport to 100,000 feet when you fire at them then teleport back down, only to launch a load of missiles back at you.

[hmmm, you mean they have a friend teleport them? You can't teleport yourself can you? THat would be a bug. -s]

[ 12-07-2007, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: samsyn ]

Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
I think you should give warnings when ejecting, since it essentially means "resigning". I've seen too many newbs ejecting before crashing, and then whine about not being able to join back.

It's not like there's a penalty for crashing anyways.

[this is how they learn? I generally don't like confirmations in real time multiplayer as the EASY way (a popup) can lead to some issues like "when does this really take effect" and "a popup window can alter other aspects of the game", and the HARD way (having the button actually require N clicks and morph along the way to convey what is happening) is just plain work and requires time I could spend on something else. (admittedly probably less than what I just used typing here [Smile] )

Though I do feel slightly guilty about Arcadia itself's sudden shutdown on [X] button. THat's just plain lazy of me. (Though there is actually a teeeeeeeeeensy little justification, which I cling to to avoid weeping myself to sleep. )
-s]

[ 12-07-2007, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: samsyn ]

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

Zepros
Member # 5027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zepros     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't even notice that my post got edited with a question. o,o

Anyway, yeah, you can teleport yourself with the remote control, and get altitudes of higher than you can go without using it.

Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
There's a bug for missiles where, once you approach any given target and enter the weapon range (which I believe is a bit less than 4 nautical miles) to a point where you may lock it, other targets will also be instantly lockable from the distance far out of the weapon range, like from 10 nm.

As for the ejection... I wasn't really asking for a "pop-up warning" or anything, but rather if there could be a way to tell them that ejecting means resining. This is especially critical when a newb has the mod and ejects(without knowing what it actually does), killing the game for everyone else, which is a real pain.

And mostly, from my experience telling them not to eject doesn't work as newbs are too occupied trying to maneuver the aircraft; they'd just eject anyways when they think they are going to die.

--------------------
                                                                                   Also racism.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.