Synthetic Reality Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to The Crypt of the Ages.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Well of Souls » Well of Souls Public Beta » A96 RELEASE NOTES

Author Topic: A96 RELEASE NOTES
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
---

* NEW MINI-GAME: WoS Tactics

This is a multiplayer mini-game where each player commands an army of up to nine 'pieces' on a tile-based map. Full details at http://www.synthetic-reality.com/wosTactics.htm

---

* Quest Script can now GIVE/TAKE PP

World developers begged for this, now let's see if it is a big mistake :-)

The magic letter is 'P'

GIVE P100

Gives 100 P. Ditto for TAKE, HOST_GIVE, PARTY_TAKE etc.

---

* RIGHT-CLICK ELEMENT/HAND TRAINING LIMIT

So, when you 'sell' your training back for PP, you can no longer sell yourself below your 'starting_xxx_pp' (as set in the levels.txt table for your character class).

---

* ROOM FOR MORE MISSIONS

I think there was an inadvertent size limit on the number of missions you could have, which I have hopefully removed. There is aprobably still a practical maximum of number of missions, but it should be much more than 20 ish now.

---

* NO LONGER ENDS UP WITH NO SKIN when world developers define default skins which people don't have.

---

* NEW QUEST COMMAND: STRLWR

This lowercases a string (which should be unnecessary since the string comparison operators are not cases sensitive)

STRLWR cookieName input

So the first argument is just a cookiename where the output will be stored. The second argument could be any normal thing. If you really wanted to lowercase the content of a cookie (and overwrite the same cooke), you would do this:

STRLWR cookieName, #<cookieName>

---

* NEW QUEST COMMAND: NTH_TOKEN

This allows you to 'parse' a string which contains some number of tokens separated by some delimiter, say a comma.

For example

NTH_TOKEN cookieName, 3, "zero,one,two,three,four"

would result in "three" being put into cookieName. (the first token in the string is 0). Of course your actual string you are looing at will probably be a cookie itself, so a more realistic example is

NTH_TOKEN cookieName, 5, #<input>, ":"

And just to confuse the example, I included the optional final argument which defines the actual delimiter character to be used. (which defaults to comma, but in this example I overrode it to a colon).

Yet another optional argument (after the delimiter) is whether you want to clip leading spaces from the tokens

NTH_TOKEN cookie, 2. "zero, one, two, three", ",", 1

will set the cookie to "two" instead of " two"

---

* TROPHY COUNTS

You can now specify that a spell or item requires N of a particular trophy to be used (4 bullets, 3 gold bars, etc)

You can also specify that a spell which creates a trophy can create N of them (if you lack bag space, no promises are made for delivery)

So, you can now have a spell which burns 4 gold bars, to make 2 platinum bars. Anything more complicated than that (like 2 wings of the wyvern AND 23 snail eyes) is up to yourmad scripting skillz.

This is accomplished by adding a couple mode dotted arguments (see appropriate items.txt and spells.txt for details) something like this:

BEFORE

.x.x.trophyNeeded.trophyMade

NOW

.x.x.trophyNeeded.trophyMade.trophyCountNeeded.trophyCountMade.

So it is back compatible with existing worlds, and the counts are assumed '1' if not provided.

---

* MORE TROPHY COOKIES

Generally, I resist this sort of cookie since it feels like the world developer is the one that specified this info in the first place, so they should just magically already know the answers, but to the degree they help, here they are

num.trophyId

this one is the only read/write one and lets you control which trophy is being considered by the rest of these cookies. If you don't set this first, you will get chaotic data.

Once you set the trophyId, you can read the following:

str.trophyName
num.trophyStackSize
num.trophyStackCost
num.trophyProbability
num.trophyToken
num.trophyFlags

----

* New HOTKEY button bar

In addition to the popup hotkey dialog (which I always hated), I have added a more classic button bar (OPTIONAL and requires WoS width 1024 or more)

Anyway, it works just like the hotkey popup window. press Fnn or clicn the button. Hold control to bind the current spell/item to the key of your choice.

For items, the button has a picture of the item, and for spells it has the 'element image' (new) of the spell. Someday I could support per-spell images.

But you really only hsve 8 bindable keys (f5-f12) (did I mention I fixed F10) ?

--------------------
He knows when you are sleeping.

Posts: 10560 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged

Open Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.