Synthetic Reality Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Well of Souls » Well of Souls Public Beta » BIG MISTAKES TO AVOID

Author Topic: BIG MISTAKES TO AVOID
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a list of things you should avoid doing. I put this here in the hopes that you will see them before you do them. Many of them are irreversible (short of a full disk format).

---

* Don't forget to check the FAQs

I mean, if you have a question and no one is answering you, try reading http://www.synthetic-reality.com/wosSuperFAQ.htm or the FAQ on this forum, and see if your question has already been answered.

---

* Don't copy files from other players.

If you need to install WoS on a PC, actually run the installer. Don't just copy files from some other PC where it was installed. If you do, you will end up with the same serial number and not be able to play together on the same PC unless one of you shells out $25 for a Golden Soul.

---

* Don't mess with the WoS files.

Other than World Development, you really shouldn't be making modifications to WoS files. Many such modifications will be interpreted by the game as an attempt to hack, cheat, or hide your identity. The game will react by removing your ability to play and/or chat.

---

* Don't tell anyone your passwords, activation codes, etc.

That's just common sense, right? Many a guild has been 'hacked' by someone you thought was a friend, but was really a mole planted by some other guild.

---

* Don't send me an email explaining how you did something bad, and now you're sorry, and would I please make it all better.

Accept responsibility for your actions and move on. If you were duped by a stranger into accepting poisonous candy, as it were, learn from the lesson and move on. It's just a game.

---

* Always run a virus checker

Especially these days. I can see a lot of you got hit with the SOBIG virus. A regular upgrading of your virus scanners would have protected you. And it's never too late to get yourself protected.

-----------------------------------

Does that sound harsh? Not meant to. Just nothing for me to do about it after the fact, so show some common sense before the fact. And be nice to the other players while you're at it :-)

[ 08-23-2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: samsyn ]

--------------------
He knows when you are sleeping.

Posts: 10561 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
IceFox/ Silver
Obsessive Member
Member # 2200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IceFox/ Silver   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds pretty logical. [Smile]

People also shouldn't accept GS codes given by "friends". They're all warned so often already yet they still believe that it's honestly a friend who gave them the code and that they're the valid owner of the GS now.

Some people are just so incredibly stubborn (and greedy!). [Roll Eyes]

They also shouldn't be picking 'nifty' programs like trainers or t souls of the net cause not only will they get hated for it, it also does more harm then good most of the times.

Silver

[ 08-23-2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: IceFox/ Silver ]

--------------------
Silver
RoT's Homepage - ProxBeta

Posts: 7098 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
$FISTofFATE$
Obsessive Member
Member # 918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for $FISTofFATE$   Email $FISTofFATE$   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can tell who has SoBig Dan?, care to share, I have been thinking my computer is a little slow, but maybe it is paranoia

[no, I don't know who has it. I just know that a lot of people have apparently added 'feedback@synthetic-reality.com' to their address book and the virus enjoys using that as a return address. -s]

[ 08-24-2003, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: samsyn ]

--------------------
Retired Lord of Internal Affairs
Lords of Destruction

Posts: 6363 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cless
Member # 3840

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cless   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meh, avoid infection is more common sense than relying on virus scanners and such. Don't trust attachments from anyone , even people you know, without verifying its contents from the sender. I'm guessing about ninety percent of today's viruses spread through email. With a little caution, the risk of infecting your computer is slim to none. (My subscription to LiveUpdate has expired, and yet I'm still fine.)

By the way, hello again everyone. It's been a while since I've had time to get on WoS, with school starting and marching band getting into high gear.

[while I used to agree 100% with that... since Blaster I am now more worried about Windows exploits than I was before. Those allow you to get contaminated even if you never open an email attachment. So keep up to date with Windows Update *and* your virus subscriptions. That should keep you 100% safe until a really mature hacker comes along... say one paid a billion dollars by some deposed leader who hates us... who discovers a windows hole and then doesn't brag about it until after composing the most amazing worm of all time. -s]

[ 08-24-2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: samsyn ]

--------------------
My Well of Souls Shrine

Posts: 36 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
-Guardia-
Compulsive Member
Member # 1546

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Guardia-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im glad Dan posted all of this...but in a way it makes me sad. It seems like its all common sense. Anyways, most viruses are spread through emails, but spreading viruses through ftp's are becoming bigger and bigger too, so make sure to scan everything you recieve. Although, its better not to even use them [Razz]
Posts: 2020 | From: Steven Segal | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
F'Nok
Obsessive Member
Member # 201

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for F'Nok   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

* Don't tell anyone your passwords, activation codes, etc.

That's just common sense, right? Many a guild has been 'hacked' by someone you thought was a friend, but was really a mole planted by some other guild.

I am offended at your insinuation Dan, would I ever do something such as that! [Wink]
What happened to the "benefit of the doubt", perhaps they were "hacked"! [Roll Eyes]
*Walks away whistling innocently*

[But seriously, the good ole "mole in the guild" trick is a classic! You're not supposed to warn them!!]

----------------

As for viruses, if people didn't feel the need to "upgrade" just because there is a newer more bloated version with prettier pictures, then there wouldn't be so many issues. My Win98SE computer is completely immune to all of these worms. All the older versions have had all (read: most) of the bugs found, and patched. So you put them in, install the service packs and patches, and you get a computer that is not only far more secure, but far more stable, than any incarnation of 2k/XP.

If it ain't broke, why fix it??

--------------------
Kai-Goddess of SoV.
Swords of Villanousity : Website : Guild Hall : Forums

Posts: 5323 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
saxamophone0
Obsessive Member
Member # 2917

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saxamophone0   Author's Homepage   Email saxamophone0   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*Don't mess with WoS files*
It wasn't anything malicous...

Any how, f'nok, with all the other viruses for win 98, arent they still going around? O.o. Some, at least. Um, I think it was really swell for you to have written this up dan...

quote:
Meh, avoid infection is more common sense than relying on virus scanners and such. Don't trust attachments from anyone , even people you know, without verifying its contents from the sender
Thats how my parents got klez a few weeks ago...all fixed now though...

[ 08-26-2003, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: saxamophone0 ]

Posts: 8526 | From: NYC | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
F'Nok
Obsessive Member
Member # 201

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for F'Nok   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you just run attachments you receive, or don't scan pirate software, you are likely to get a virus.

If you scan untrusted files, you will not get a virus.

If you do not use [u]stupid software[/u] like Outlook, which executes untrusted scripts and such in emails, then you will not get a virus from there either.

Then, your only concern is worms, and there are none that 9x kernals are vulnerable to. (Except email worms, but you shouldn't use Outlook).

If people use a little bit of sense and brains, they won't ever GET a virus.

I have never had a virus, but I have caught several infected files coming from untrusted sources. What to do?? Delete the file.

--------------------
Kai-Goddess of SoV.

Gerchy
Healthy Member
Member # 4469

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
www.symantec.com is the best virus scanner on the net atm. its free and if updated all the time. they scan ur computer give u a list of what virus' u have and where, and offer downloads to get rid of virus'.

althought its not virus protection it just says what virus' u have and how to get rid of them, its very efficient and seems to work well.

(btw, its in conjunction with norton)

--------------------
Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise.

Claidan
Healthy Member
Member # 3340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claidan   Email Claidan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trend Micro Virii scan.
Panda Virii scan
PC Pit Stop.
Bit Defender free online Virus Scan

--------------------
Boo. Did I scare ya?

Posts: 375 | From: Some where in the US! | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
HeAd
Spammer
Member # 662

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HeAd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
* Beware of GSes!
Golden souls are a great thing, really they are. However if you didn't use money from your own pockets, don't be "asking around" for one.

It is likely that your GS has been stolen from its rightful owner, and you will be banned! And this isn't any normal band, you may even face consequences up to years!

No matter what people say about getting away with it or it's completely legal, don't fall into it!

--------------------
I drew the cute little pig in my avatar.
You don't have a cute little pig in your avatar. I win!

Posts: 10782 | From: Spammely Hills | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lurch
Healthy Member
Member # 187

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurch   Email Lurch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My toolbox of greatness includes

Mozilla Firefox and their email client, Thunderbird.

Spybot Search & Destroy one of the best free spyware and adware killers, But I also recommend getting AdAware SE for overlapping protection.

Avast! Antivirus is one of the better antivirus programs that isn't widely known, and it is free to use for home use. Also, if your PC is pretty much fouled up with viruses, send Stinger in to clean things up.

IrfanView is STILL probably my favorite free image viewer that can read just about anything, even movie files.

Trillian is what I use to log in to all 4 major chats at once from a single program. It has limited functionality, but the newest version will have just about everything that the current stand alone clients have, and will support the services natively. I can't wait for them to get the beta out. [Smile]

All of these listed sites have a freeware or a free version for home use, enjoy!

[ 11-14-2004, 04:05 AM: Message edited by: Lurch ]

--------------------
- L -

"C'mon in heeeeere!!"

Phoenix Star
Healthy Member
Member # 5312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoenix Star   Author's Homepage   Email Phoenix Star   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AVG Free is a really good anti-virus from Grisoft. (Sorry, too lazy to post a link) I use it along with ZoneAlarm, Spybot S&D, and Mailwasher (http://www.mailwasher.net) to make my computer a brick wall against viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, and spam. Now I just need some compressed air to get the dust out of my brick wall.

--------------------
I'm remaking Gretok and need people to collaborate with. Contact me if you're an artist or scripter.

Posts: 327 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
kamahl
Member # 6668

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kamahl   Email kamahl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
get admuncher Here it is a program to remove adds and those auto-DLingg viruses in flash advetisments [Razz]
nightrider
Healthy Member
Member # 4380

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nightrider   Author's Homepage   Email nightrider   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Peps if I sound ALITTLE pissed off right now, 1 week ago I had to redownload wos and reload my Saved heroes folder Becuase I switched computers. Last saturday I had to reload 2 characters that were removed from the folder as well as ther skins, At the time I thought I had been hacked becuase of the skins missing as well. Now I know Its this A90 Patch screwing me, I had just collected all of the soul items for ~Haze Chaos Warrior~ last night. I come into the server Mix tonight and Low and Behold ~Haze Chaos Warrior~ And the other character are gonje AGAIN as well as ther skins.
Yeah it might only be a game But even Dan and some of you other world programers would have to agree with me that when you do a program and save it and its gone shortly there after, Its a headache to get it back or to redo what you had, Thats why you always have Logs or Saved Heroes Files to fall back on. But when it happens 3 Times then it just MALICOUS!
I've never hacked this game befoe and have almost allways been ok with the players here, And to world developers, I have been in and out since late 2002, I even requested to do a skinning how to in the BB's Before Josh and Silent Knight Did and was turned down.
Even though Mine Is still Better then theres LOL, http://www.freewebs.com/nightrider1962
My Skinning Site.
I have never caused problems here before and have allways followed your Terms of agreement service. So Do I have to redownload Wos over my old wos program when these two characters are allready in the folder in order for this D**n patch not to think I'm trying to hack the files or give up on something I have HONESTLY work for?

----

Samsyn Says..

Um... the game never deletes hero files (unless you actually use the purge soul command) and never deletes skin files.. ever. (mores the pity, since I really need to make a prune command for skins you never need)

If you are really finding files get DELETED, then you should investigate:

1.) Little Brothers
2.) Windows "restore" feature
3.) Windows User issues (files installed by user X and then used by user Y)
4.) Disk drive issues

I am hoping you are actually seeing something more like "the file wasn't deleted, but WoS just isn't finding it" and that is usually caused by something like WoS being installed to the 'root' of the drive, instead of inside a folder, or that the shortcut you use to launch the game is setting the 'startIn' folder to some crazy location.

Now, it isn't clear to me, but you MIGHT be saying that WoS is not failing to FIND the file, just that WoS refuses to let you incarnate into the file because it thinks you are a hacker. That's a different situation, and the error message should give you (and me) a clue as to what is going on.

[ 11-17-2005, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: samsyn ]

--------------------
http://www.freeweb.com/nightrider1962

Life isn't measured by how many cups of sugar it takes to sweeten up your friends but by how many friends are still alive after they eat your cooking!

Posts: 114 | From: Northern California | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
nightrider
Healthy Member
Member # 4380

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nightrider   Author's Homepage   Email nightrider   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are really finding files get DELETED, then you should investigate:

1.) Little Brothers "NONE"
2.) Windows "restore" feature "Haven't restored a NEW computer"
3.) Windows User issues (files installed by user X and then used by user Y) "Only 1 admit on comp. only 1 person uses comp".
4.) Disk drive issues "New Hard drive no Issues"

I am hoping you are actually seeing something more like "the file wasn't deleted, but WoS just isn't finding it" and that is usually caused by something like WoS being installed to the 'root' of the drive, instead of inside a folder, or that the shortcut you use to launch the game is setting the 'startIn' folder to some crazy location.
C:\wos "not even in program folder"

Now, it isn't clear to me, but you MIGHT be saying that WoS is not failing to FIND the file, just that WoS refuses to let you incarnate into the file because it thinks you are a hacker. That's a different situation, and the error message should give you (and me) a clue as to what is going on.

No Error Messages

Damn Apparently someone CAN'T read PLAIN english very well,Your A90 patch not only "DELETED" my character from the Wos Saved Heroes File But removed my personal skin from the Skins file **AND** out off my Main Folder. Oh By the way if it removes the skin again I might have to report DAN//SAMSYN to the Authorities For Stealing a COPYWRITTEN SKIN!
Yes I copy write my skins!
And if your program is removing them from My main skin folder that is NOT associated with WOS then your program is HAcking further into my system then your own T.O.S. allows. Which means If anything happens to this computer system You Can be held responsible for any and ALL Damage it does to this computer!
So you might want to check into your Programing alittle further.

[ 11-18-2005, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: nightrider ]

--------------------
http://www.freeweb.com/nightrider1962

Life isn't measured by how many cups of sugar it takes to sweeten up your friends but by how many friends are still alive after they eat your cooking!

Posts: 114 | From: Northern California | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hereby flip your bozo bit and lose any interest in helping you further.

WoS did not delete your skin files. You can argue to the contrary all you like, but you are wrong.

I'm sorry that you don't want to work to determine the true source of failure, but I lack the time and patience to waste on you.

--------------------
He knows when you are sleeping.

Posts: 10561 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
Sir Mj
Obsessive Member
Member # 4642

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Mj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn NR, you weren't so grouch back in the old Gaurdians days. I'm staying out of your debate except to say that it's been my experience that if you have a problem and are nice about it Samsyn will help where he can to fix it.

And did I say DAMN!?!?

--------------------
Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.

Pug
Member # 6690

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pug   Email Pug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Lurch on the def., i use the same stuff except i have microsoft antispy with it, lol.

And nightrider, most likely you lost your stuff from a defrag, or some prog. that you shouldn't have been using. Such as crap cleaner or "ccleaner" which messed up my mcafee firewall, strange though it may be. Eh, windows firewall or zonealarm work just as well or better anyways. <sigh>

--------------------
"Life is pain your highness, anyone that says differently is trying to sell you something."-Wesley, The Princess Bride

Posts: 17 | From: Ky, USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
PsYcOtIc
Obsessive Member
Member # 2786

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PsYcOtIc   Email PsYcOtIc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Spybot Search & Destroy one of the best free spyware and adware killers, But I also recommend getting AdAware SE for overlapping protection.

Spybot and Adaware detect eachother. What's the point in that?

quote:
As for viruses, if people didn't feel the need to "upgrade" just because there is a newer more bloated version with prettier pictures, then there wouldn't be so many issues. My Win98SE computer is completely immune to all of these worms. All the older versions have had all (read: most) of the bugs found, and patched. So you put them in, install the service packs and patches, and you get a computer that is not only far more secure, but far more stable, than any incarnation of 2k/XP.

If it ain't broke, why fix it??

It is broke. Windows 98 passes passwords in plain text. No encryption at all. Further more, I have seen someone in my Networking class access a windows XP Serivice Pack 1 computer with a browser. He said it doesnt work with SP2. If it was windows 98, there is nothing to stop it.

--------------------
chown -fR ~/base -us

Posts: 6821 | From: Aldergrove, BC | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
F'Nok
Obsessive Member
Member # 201

Member Rated:
quote:
It is broke. Windows 98 passes passwords in plain text. No encryption at all. Further more, I have seen someone in my Networking class access a windows XP Serivice Pack 1 computer with a browser. He said it doesnt work with SP2. If it was windows 98, there is nothing to stop it.
That's only an issue in domain/distributed authentication, I was talking about a home PC where such things aren't used. Also, I did say fully patched, so SP1 is out.

But anyway, that applied a few years ago, when I posted it, but these days Win98 just can't handle many new types of hardware, and WinXP has improved quite a lot - even I switched to XP. You really do need to keep it patched though, because exploits in viruses and worms are becoming more and more common.

--------------------
Kai-Goddess of SoV.

Lord Infamous
Member # 6832

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord Infamous   Email Lord Infamous   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is old, the guy who says he copy rights his skins probably won't see this but. Anyway, did you draw the skins your self or make them like everyone else does? Becausemost skins people claim theirs and not to mod were already copy righted by the one who designed it in the first place, such as the video game it come from or what not, the person who Illustrated the character. So how can something created by someone who don't even play WoS,more likely a game creator or designer for ps, n64, sega or what not, be copy righted by someone who uses it for a game on WoS? I didn't even go into his skinning site, I just assume there mugen charecters.

[ 03-09-2006, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Lord Infamous ]

--------------------
SANTA? Want me to make you some sandwiches?

Makarei
Verbose Member
Member # 1646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makarei   Author's Homepage   Email Makarei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
many people say many things that are not always true. or write a false copy right symbol, and wording to scare off modder's. Or they might have purchased the origional source code, and art from the ogional developer and gain rights to the copyright, which means they can do anything they want.

--------------------
7 Years almost done.

Posts: 1040 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
charizard567
Member # 7415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for charizard567   Email charizard567   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Trillian is what I use to log in to all 4 major chats at once from a single program. It has limited functionality, but the newest version will have just about everything that the current stand alone clients have, and will support the services natively. I can't wait for them to get the beta out.
I use somthing called counterspy and it says trillian is a rape password hijacker i shreded it with spybot for security although trillian is corupt now it locks my comp if i try and use its shortcuts or uninstall it

[ 02-04-2007, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: charizard567 ]

--------------------
help pin rule the world by making him your signature

/\
i i
i i
i i
i_i

Posts: 17 | From: carlisle | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
zeldalink
Healthy Member
Member # 3566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zeldalink   Email zeldalink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
many people say many things that are not always true. or write a false copy right symbol, and wording to scare off modder's. Or they might have purchased the origional source code, and art from the ogional developer and gain rights to the copyright, which means they can do anything they want.
Technically, anything that you create is under copyright the minute you make it, even if you don't file the paperwork and everything to make it official. The main reason you would want it on paper is just so if someone else steals it, you can prove it was yours first (like in court, etc.).

--------------------
-Z_L

The Drifter
Verbose Member
Member # 6954

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Drifter   Email The Drifter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, ok. What's this stuff where I can't telnet or see server list, I click telnet and it says, "No." I also have the Vista, just wondering.

--------------------
Eternum Vitae - The Drifter

"I wanna touch the sky unleash control,
wanna feel time travel right through my soul."

Posts: 1623 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Makarei
Verbose Member
Member # 1646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makarei   Author's Homepage   Email Makarei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here one to avoid: Don't make scripts that have a constant loop of adding a cookie and switching between 9 scenes and 1 cut scene with the "goto command" runs for about 40 seconds then crashes wos. Corrupts save character as well.

--------------------
7 Years almost done.

Posts: 1040 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beoghztt   Author's Homepage   Email Beoghztt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should probably mention somewhere that a bio containing profanities will result in an auto-gag. We have had a few people who got auto-gagged without notification, so hopefully this will help prevent some confusions.

--------------------
This signature contains a lot of foul languages.
                                                                                   Also racism.

Posts: 2227 | From: Yokohama, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
sigma
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] [Wink]

[ 03-01-2010, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: sigma ]

IP: Logged
felty
Verbose Member
Member # 6175

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for felty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
lol, You fail silver your a moderator on www.fsrud2.proboards.com
Sorry to break it to you, but you are the one who "fails". Silver is not a moderator for fsrud, as is obvious if you check the list of staff members. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
SoV - High Priest

PsYcOtIc
Obsessive Member
Member # 2786

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PsYcOtIc   Email PsYcOtIc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Soul 1337 isn't silver... Its Karst if memory serves correct. He bought it on ebay during a promotion way back.

He got batch deleted. We will mourn the 8 page flame war in his topic.

[ 12-18-2010, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: PsYcOtIc ]

--------------------
chown -fR ~/base -us

Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beoghztt   Author's Homepage   Email Beoghztt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

I know this isn't WoS, but yes, GS 1337 is Karst.

So the poor kid got batch deleted, eh? I kind of hoped he was actually better than that (we've all seen worse), but he was in fact overly persistent and was causing more trouble than was acceptable.

Now I can only hope this doesn't call for negative reaction (not saying that the batch delete was wrong, just in case).

[edit]
The other 1337 guy (The_Pug) has a different bio, so he's most likely fake.

[edit2]
Wait, what? Azula was the one who got batch deleted?

[ 12-19-2010, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Beoghztt ]

--------------------
This signature contains a lot of foul languages.
                                                                                   Also racism.

Posts: 2227 | From: Yokohama, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Geno Ranger Prap
Compulsive Member
Member # 8095

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geno Ranger Prap   Email Geno Ranger Prap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Appears that way. I was starting to enjoy myself too. [Frown]

--------------------
Innovation aimed at benefiting humanity is useless if it’s only accessible to a wealthy minority.

Posts: 3474 | From: The Bat Lair | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
PsYcOtIc
Obsessive Member
Member # 2786

Member Rated:
Yeah, azula threw a hissy fit and posted the gs code for 1337 thinking it was silver's.

--------------------
chown -fR ~/base -us

IceFox/ Silver
Obsessive Member
Member # 2200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IceFox/ Silver   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, azula threw a hissy fit and posted the gs code for 1337 thinking it was silver's.
I can't believe I missed this...

So yeah, it's 3 years later that I read this post, but I somehow feel honored that some people never gave up their dislike/ hate towards me. [Big Grin] <3

--------------------
Silver
RoT's Homepage - ProxBeta

Posts: 7098 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.