Synthetic Reality Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Well of Souls » WoS Skinners Forum » Skinning Forum Rules!

Author Topic: Skinning Forum Rules!
Nauiscaa
Member # 1111

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nauiscaa   Email Nauiscaa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rule 1: Use URLs for linking skins
Dew to the average size of skins it has been decided that from now on people post the url's to their skins. Normal smaller images are okay as long as they don't stretch the screen to much.

One way of posting your skin as suggested by Pommas Animal, (thank you pommas) is to make a thumbnail of your skin, perhaps the standby frame and post that image as a link with url to the full skin.
code:

[url=FULL SKIN URL HERE][img]THUMBNAIL URL HERE[/img][/url]

This is many ways in more helpful than one might think. For example some web servers don't allow external linking and thus the image won't load or a banner for there web server appears in its place. However posting a url is a way to easily avoid this. Secondly... and yes some people still do use dial up... not everyone has the ability to view 100 skins in a post at once so for these reasons and many more this rule is being applied.

Rule 2: Be polite when asking for things.
I really doubt i need to say more; A polite! request for a skin with a little detailed information about how you want it made may spark the interest of a public skinner. Spamming, poorly written requests or questions (Especially the ones that can be answered with already posted information) shall be treated as spam and deleted. If this happens, don't get offended. Its chance to rethink your request and reword it in a more edible fashion.

Rule 3: No Destructive criticism, Trolling or Snertism.
To quote the Terms of Service...
"We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Although this BB does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at this BB reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever."

If you commit an action which some how breaks the ToS, each moderator will have their own method of dealing with you. I, myself shall warn you once then delete any posts that follow that warning that I feel breech the above. This includes indirect insults and sly comments. I shall continue to do so until the person in question shows redemption and the will to improve their behaviour.

Rule 4: Keep on topic.
Kinda simple rule to follow, but this is a skinning forum. Threads should be about skins... I personally do not mind stretching the boundary to any synthetic reality related artwork. But the key factors here are synthetic reality and artwork. If your thread isn't about both of these concepts together... It shall, most probably be deleted.

[edit]I've revamped these rules, to clarify the measures I am taking against trolls. And deleted a few redundant ones.[/edit]

[ 12-13-2007, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Nauiscaa ]

--------------------
"You don't have to love every skin posted, but you shouldn't post DESTRUCTIVE criticism, just CONSTRUCTIVE criticism." Samsyn

Posts: 2052 | From: Behind you... | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nauiscaa
Member # 1111

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Nauiscaa   Email Nauiscaa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Updated 14th December 2007.

--------------------
"You don't have to love every skin posted, but you shouldn't post DESTRUCTIVE criticism, just CONSTRUCTIVE criticism." Samsyn

Posts: 2052 | From: Behind you... | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

Open Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.