Synthetic Reality Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Our Archives » WoS World Developer Tips » battle sim spells

Author Topic: battle sim spells
saber'
Compulsive Member
Member # 1219

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saber'   Email saber'   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok ive started trying to put my classes on a lvl footing and i was just wondering if the battle simulator uses all spells even if that class is limited in that element cause the attacks just dont seem right and in element 4 i have a stronger spell but only one class can use it

also is 5070 the max hp cause i have a class that has no magic at all (no buffs/de-buffs) and i want the char to have high hp to compesate for this but the max seems to be 5070 no matter what i put as the hp (eg 20000)

Posts: 2733 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good question, but I *think* the battle simulator just steps through the spell table and tries every single spell (that the class can use) and picks the one which caused the most damage.

It's the "that the class can use" part which is interesting. I probably do NOT actually look at the class's MAX_ELEMENT_PP settings to see if the spell is castable.

But you never know. Perhaps I got it right.

Posts: 10610 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, it looks like the battle simulator has an Evergreen bias in the spell selection, so I will make that a bit better for next release.

[later]

All done. It now tests all possible spells, but only within the maximum elemental training level of the class.

[This message has been edited by samsyn (edited 10-22-2001).]

Posts: 10610 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
saber'
Compulsive Member
Member # 1219

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saber'   Email saber'   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you
hey while we are on the subject could you possibly make another couple of bits to the sim cause it would be helpful if it had extra lines at the end like "class 1 (sword user) has an advantage persentage of 0.1"
class 11 (scavenger) has an advantage percentage of 1.4"

like add all the advantage take away all the dis advantage and work out the mean

just a thought it ould be alot of help but if its to hard i dont mind

oh yeh by the way i went throught the battle sim for evergreen and i have to congratulate you for the class's being so even it must have taken alot of work

[This message has been edited by saber' (edited 10-22-2001).]

Posts: 2733 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.