Synthetic Reality Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Our Archives » WoS World Developer Tips » can anyone see whats wrong here?

Author Topic: can anyone see whats wrong here?
saber'
Compulsive Member
Member # 1219

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saber'   Email saber'   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok ive started on my lvls now and i had the 1st 7 class's done and they were working but when i went back to try (unsucsessfuly) limit elements on of the class's has gone real weired can any of you see whats gone wrong? ive tryed changing things rewriting and all sorts of stuff for hrs

; First the Warrior levels (100 + level #)
; CCLL ???????. MaxHP maxMP Level_name Magic Ratio Right-Hand
; 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
;
; The class name (sword user, magic ratio of 10.. ergo hand ratio of 90.. preferred right-hand weapon is #1 (sword))
100, 0, 20, 0, "O'Tane", 10, 1

; Next the special commands for the sword-user class. These come between line nn00 and line nn01
DESCRIPTION "The people in this class follow Tanemahuta, the god of nature"
AUTO_MAX 20, 5000, 10, 1200, 20

; now the class level names.. note that since I used the AUTO_MAX command, the maxHP and maxMP values shown in this
; table are actually ignored. If I weren't so lazy, I would change them all to 0.

101, 0, 0, 0, "Huruhuru"
140, 0, 0, 0, "Taurarua"
160, 0, 0, 0, "Ruanuku"
180, 0, 0, 0, "Wananga"
190, 0, 0, 0, "Papatuu o' Tane"
;

also how do i limit element skills?
if i want to limit everything except E0 and E1 then it should look like this:

MAX_ELEMENT 1000000,1000000,0,0,0,0,0,0

shouldnt it?

[This message has been edited by saber' (edited 10-19-2001).]

Posts: 2733 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lord Michel
Healthy Member
Member # 1403

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lord Michel   Email Lord Michel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
could u make in in a /code?
so i can read it better...........
I dun see whats rong but what does it care i cant read what it is when u typ al sorts of stuff in it.

Posts: 137 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
saber'
Compulsive Member
Member # 1219

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saber'   Email saber'   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
/code???????
Loric
Healthy Member
Member # 755

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loric   Email Loric   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure that order is important for limiting element and skill levels. Try to put the MAX_ELEMENT between the description and the auto_max command. Your message was kind of vague as to where you added it. However your MAX_ELEMENT command looks correct.

Loric

samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just to remove one source of possible confustion:

1.) type /funpak (to open the funpak window)
2.) type /reload (to reload the world)

If there are any obvious syntax problems in your level tables, you will see messages in the funpak which might be helpful.

The single most common error in the levels table is to:

1.) get one class working
2.) copy and paste it to make a second class
3.) miss one or more of the CCLL numbers, such that a line overlaps with that of another class.

CCLL, by the way means "Class" and "Level" all merged into a 4 digit number. The leading 0 of the class digits is optional.

------

As to your example... I have to admit the single-quotes cause me to panic a bit. O'Tane etc. But I suspect I am just overly sensitive about that sort of thing.

I have nothing really to add to Loric's comments.

-------

Be sure to try the "/class 1" command to get a listing of all the class 1 info. It might help see where it starts to go horribly wrong.

Posts: 10567 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
saber'
Compulsive Member
Member # 1219

Member Rated:
damn double posts

[This message has been edited by saber' (edited 10-19-2001).]

saber'
Compulsive Member
Member # 1219

Member Rated:
thanks yeh i was putting it after AUTO_MAX

ill try /class1

/a si confuzzeled what do you mean by "As to your example... I have to admit the single-quotes cause me to panic a bit. O'Tane etc. But I suspect I am just overly sensitive about that sort of thing." dan?

the class name was suposed to be O' Tane (O should have a "-" above it but comps dont do that )
O' = of/belongs to
Tane = Tanemahuta the god of nature
(Maori myth and legend, and there are lots of cool ones i will use as quests)

saber'
Compulsive Member
Member # 1219

Member Rated:
ok i tryed that and it didnt help me much so i copyed the whole of evergreen lvls txt into mine and redid it all and now i still have the same problem with class 1 and i put the max element before the auto max and now my sword user copy has like 100000000mp and his stats are 0/100 for some reason (or is it 100/0 100 on attack anyway) this is weired im gona try copy the sword from evergreen with out changing it and see if i still get the same problem

EDIT: ok my hunch was right i copyed class 1 exacty from evergreen reloaded then did /class 1 and it is still fudged up and it still has exploded mp

/a refurs to murpheys law "anything that can go wrong will go wrong" and says "aint that the truth?"

[This message has been edited by saber' (edited 10-20-2001).]

samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, try removing all classes EXCEPT class one...

I would love for my prediction above to be correct

quote:

The single most common error in the levels table is to:

1.) get one class working
2.) copy and paste it to make a second class
3.) miss one or more of the CCLL numbers, such that a line overlaps with that of another class.

It would also be cool if it turns out that /funpak gave you a laser-crisp error message you ignored as well :-)

[This message has been edited by samsyn (edited 10-20-2001).]

saber'
Compulsive Member
Member # 1219

Member Rated:
Laser-crisp? thats not mentioned when i type /funpak and this seems to be the only error
***LEVEL entry has Character Class out of range (100-2500)(MAX_ELEMENT 10000000,0,1000000,0,0,0,0,0)

so what dose that mean? that i have to make max element 100 to get it the lowest i can and the max 2500 ?

ok i deleted class 2-7 and now class 1 works but i checked the CCLL about 10 times and there were no overlaping lines or anything and anyway i just copyed the classes stright from evergreen all i canged was the name, desription and lvl names (and max_element but i chnaged that back)

[This message has been edited by saber' (edited 10-20-2001).]

Loric
Healthy Member
Member # 755

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loric   Email Loric   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doh! The command is MAX_ELEMENT_PP not max_element. I just did a test and got the exact same error message. I should probably look these things up before I give people advise. I had assumed you had the command right and were just worried about the syntax of it. Also your element 0 has a max of 10 mil listed instead of 1 mil.

Loric

samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
well.. I'd say that was semi-laser-crisp...

laser-crunchy.

saber'
Compulsive Member
Member # 1219

Member Rated:
What the hell are you going on about dan?

and loric you said it looked corect in the 1st post where it said MAX_ELEMENT why such a smart @$$ now that you see what you didnt see before?

saber'
Compulsive Member
Member # 1219

Member Rated:
WOO HOO!!!
i got all the classes working some how, once i finished fixing all the max_element to max_element_pp it just fixed its self thx for the help lol

Lord Darangen
Healthy Member
Member # 1400

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord Darangen   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Darangen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm, saber', you sure aren't very good at your gratitude. Either that or you have some strange sense of communication.

~Darangen~

Posts: 257 | From: Spring Hill, FL, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
saber'
Compulsive Member
Member # 1219

Member Rated:
ill take strange sence of comunication for $100 please darangen

my 1st language is Maori and sentance structure is very different like totaly backwards

any way thank you to all the ppl that helped me lots of gratitude from me to you

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.