Synthetic Reality Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Our Archives » WoS World Developer Tips » class specific quests

Author Topic: class specific quests
saber'
Compulsive Member
Member # 1219

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saber'   Email saber'   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is/would it be possible to have quests specific to class?

in my world you follow a sertain "god" representing each of the 8 elements so the "E1" god is mortal enemys with the "E5" god and if i have a follower of "E1" i wouldnt want to kill the "E1" god in a quest but the "E5" god would ("E#" = element number)

or in evergreen if you made mages evil they wouldnt want to kill the black wrath at the end instead they would want to kill the soul brother for example

Posts: 2733 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lord Michel
Healthy Member
Member # 1403

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord Michel   Email Lord Michel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmmm

here.
this is just an examble

quote:

IF C3 @class3

@class3
' welcome.
' blablabla
END
-----------

IF C3 (C3 is class number 3)
it go's to the destanated point of @class3
if its not Class 3 it goes to normal scene.
so u can have about

IF C1 @C1
IF C2 @C2
IF C3 @C3
IF C4 @C4
IF C5 @C5

and lots more. so u can have 1 scene hold about 1000 (examble) chars listed for quests.

~Lords~

Posts: 137 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jms
Healthy Member
Member # 1115

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jms   Author's Homepage   Email jms   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was toying around with the idea of letting the player be on which side they wanted. In the class definitions you can give each side a start token or you can have the player choose their side in the first scene.
Posts: 188 | From: Telford USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Merlin
Compulsive Member
Member # 181

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merlin   Author's Homepage   Email Merlin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JMS, just to take your idea a step further:

You can make it so that the sides would change based on the number of kills you have of certain monster alignments.

It works, and allthough i have yet to do it on a large-scale, it would turn out pretty cool if someone had the mindset to do so.

-Merlin

Posts: 2797 | From: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.