Synthetic Reality Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Our Archives » WoS World Developer Tips » Class Specific Quests, Possibility or Pipe Dream?

Author Topic: Class Specific Quests, Possibility or Pipe Dream?
Sultan
Healthy Member
Member # 1029

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Sultan   Email Sultan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to make class specific quests for my world, but can't for the life of me figure out how that would be done. Perhaps this is a very easy problem to solve, but I'm running into walls trying to figure it out. Is it even possible? I would also like to limit the types of armor and suchlike that certain classes can use, for example, a mage in plate mail is just silly to me. I've heard various suggestions, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to accomplish this feat. Any help would be appreciated.
Posts: 436 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cactrot
Verbose Member
Member # 409

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactrot   Author's Homepage   Email Cactrot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For now, the items problem is a much easier thing to deal with than the quests one.

New in A57 is the feature "you can't equip this item without token X." So you just give class it's own token and you can use that for all class-specific armor/helmets/shields.

As for the quests, you can use the new PARTY command to prune people off the party that arent the same class as the host, then have the camp GOTO another scene/map and leave the other riff raff behind. Look for more specific details on the PARTY command in the Dev Notes.

Posts: 1043 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sultan
Healthy Member
Member # 1029

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sultan   Email Sultan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Cactrot, I hadnt heard those ideas yet, and they make more sense than some of the other stuff I was told.
Posts: 436 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Merlin
Compulsive Member
Member # 181

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merlin   Author's Homepage   Email Merlin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can also use the new START_LOCATION in the levels.txt file to decide where each class will start when they first incarnate (upon releasy of A57).

-Merlin

Posts: 2797 | From: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.