Synthetic Reality Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Our Archives » WoS World Developer Tips » Create Forms or something?

Author Topic: Create Forms or something?
Merlin
Compulsive Member
Member # 181

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merlin   Author's Homepage   Email Merlin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... Out of wonder, what does that button on the far right of the World Developers Box in the game do?

When you open it it says "Close this immediatly if you don't know what your doing."

Being fearful for my life and that of my family, I responded in kind. What does it do?

-Merlin

Posts: 2797 | From: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
MJ/GrannyGrump/sciurid
Veteran Member
Member # 709

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MJ/GrannyGrump/sciurid   Email MJ/GrannyGrump/sciurid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second that question, for the same reasons. Although if it would purge bothersom family members I might consider it.
Posts: 965 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mosquito
Verbose Member
Member # 814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosquito   Author's Homepage   Email Mosquito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I myself was curious of about this strange window. I feared it was "Pandora's" window. Every day I would look at it but immediately close it for fear of evil. One day, I did not immediately close it. I clicked some buttons, moved it around. I fear to this day, what may happen to me or my family. I cannot sleep until I find out.

I third the question...

Posts: 1443 | From: Penn State | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jacius
Veteran Member
Member # 265

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacius   Email Jacius   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bah, you fools!

It makes an empty skin form, given the dimensions of the boxes, etc etc.

The BEWARE is so that you dont overwrite any files you already have. (You have to manually type in the saveto address, and it wont warn you that you're overwriting an already existant file... actually, it walways warns you, but it doesnt do anything special if you actually WOULD overwrite a file)

So, you can make your own skin files, effects files, attack files, item pic files, etc.

No, it most likely wont come to life and cause bodily harm to your immecdiate family, and it wont even crash your computer.. you hope.

But, if you have no idea what you ARE doing, then you really SHOULDNT bothr with that

-Jacius

Posts: 508 | From: Illinois | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Merlin
Compulsive Member
Member # 181

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Merlin   Author's Homepage   Email Merlin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why..not.. just use.. paint?
Or something that won't cause Russian Nukes to Launch pointed at
*YOUR*
House?

-Merlin

Posts: 2797 | From: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the forms button exists so as to simplify MY life since so many people make skins with the guidelines off by a pixel or two: "It looks better a pixel lower!"

It's only really *dangerous* if you type in a file name like: "c:\windows\something really Important like the registry"

And on the off chance that anyone is that clueless, I added the scary warning.

Posts: 10561 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.