Synthetic Reality Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Our Archives » WoS World Developer Tips » Changing a monsters’ exp

Author Topic: Changing a monsters’ exp
dazman
Healthy Member
Member # 871

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dazman   Author's Homepage   Email dazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can you change the amount of exp a monster gives? I have tried changing it and it says that monster A will be “X” exp but I still get the default exp. I know there is a way round this somehow! I don’t want to change the exp so that my world will be an easy levelling world!! It’s because of a problem with a certain monster I have in my world. It’s an ultimate gargoyle which has these stats ( lvl 666, att 6666, deff 6666, HP 6666,mp 6666, str 255, stam 255, agi 255, dex 255, wis 0) The problem is that it gives –38292505 which is way too much and also it’s a minus so when this monster dies you have about 26 million TNL, which I definitely don’t want but I want my end monster to be a big challenge!
Posts: 306 | From: UK, Lancashire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Merlin
Compulsive Member
Member # 181

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merlin   Author's Homepage   Email Merlin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
make sure you changing the right entry...
Posts: 2797 | From: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid you're going to have to give up a few of those 6s probably. You're ultimately going to get math overflow errors otherwise. But as of version whatever, you should be able to set the XP and GP fields separately from the other stats.

What values are you setting XP and GP to? (um, args 9 and 10 of the table. If set to 0, you get algorithm values, if set to postive numbers, you control the values)

Posts: 10581 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
Cactrot
Verbose Member
Member # 409

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactrot   Author's Homepage   Email Cactrot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed that the range you can set the XP (and GP) is limited by other values you set (like HP and so on). So you can't make a monster give way more XP than he's worth.
Posts: 1043 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
dazman
Healthy Member
Member # 871

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dazman   Author's Homepage   Email dazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess i'll have to get rid of some of the sixes then and as for the exp problem i'll have to try it again beacause it was a while since it happened and this has probably been fixed in the patch. Also I have just created a healing a pet but he only casts heal on you instead of restore, any way to change this?
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The healing pets try not to waste MP by using a more powerful heal spell than necessary... so they will tend to underheal you as opposed to overheal you.
dazman
Healthy Member
Member # 871

Member Rated:
I have just tried changing the exp values again but I still have the same problem! I’ve changed the correct values for the XP and GP fields because when you look at the monster in the pokedex the XP has changed to the value set. For some reason when I fight the monster and beat it, it doesn’t give the XP shown in the pokedex it gives the original value. Say one monster gave 5000 exp when it died and the value is changed to 50 exp it would show 50 exp set in the pokedex but when this monster is beaten it still gives 5000 exp when it has been changed to 50. Should this be happening in theory? Like Cactrot has said the range set for the XP and GP are limited by other values. I have noticed this too and it seems that you can’t make a monster give more or less XP than it’s worth.
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Hey, you win the prize! Apparently I am so afraid of people hacking a billion XP into a green jelly that I checked in more than one place :-)

You are 100% correct, in A56 you can NOT manually set the XP for a monster (though the GP looks like it should work)

And this is why I depend on the sharp eyes and probing intellect of developers such as yourself!

Fixed in A57, fingers-crossed.

samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Ouch, I check this in FOUR places. Obviously this was a huge problem at one time. And, I have to admit, I suspect it will become a huge problem again now that the floodgates are re-opening.
Cactrot
Verbose Member
Member # 409

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactrot   Author's Homepage   Email Cactrot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It'll just make for a lot of "winner" 99's on worlds other than evergreen. It's up to the Wolrd developer how stupid they make their worlds.
Posts: 1043 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
That's what I tell myself, C, but I think I'm deluding myself. I fear it just ups the reward for hacking and hence encourages more attempts. More counter-actions required, etc.

But the glass is half full... the glass is half full... the glass is half full!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.