Synthetic Reality Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Our Archives » WoS World Developer Tips » #include?

Author Topic: #include?
Lady Griffon
Verbose Member
Member # 189

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lady Griffon   Author's Homepage   Email Lady Griffon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you nest #include or does it only work from the quest.txt file? Don't really NEED it right now but can see where it would come in handy if you could!

LGH

Posts: 1463 | From: Myzan | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
#includes should nest to any level (fingers crossed). I know I did some tests of at least 3 levels.
Posts: 10567 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just be sure every file has at least one blank line at the end....

Cactrot
Verbose Member
Member # 409

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactrot   Author's Homepage   Email Cactrot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blank line or comment line?

Posts: 1043 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lady Griffon
Verbose Member
Member # 189

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lady Griffon   Author's Homepage   Email Lady Griffon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome, thank you

Still plugging away on the web site!
Working on one of the two hard sections right now (all I have left basically).
Then will have to go back through it and pretty it up some (going to be VERY basic still since it's really only a reference tool for world builders).

If it receives a good response was thinking of putting up a section (something like what you mentioned Samsyn) of submitted examples of nifty things you can do with scenes and such.

Once the site is done I will get back to work on The Broken Lands

LGH

Posts: 1463 | From: Myzan | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
I wasn't planning so much 'nifty' examples, as I was just thinking of a standardized format listing of all the script commands, describing all their arguments, and the general format of a scene script.

---

And yes, cactrot, I mean blank line. The problem is that when you #include a file, the last character of the included file ends up just in front of the first character of the line beneath the include. Hence, without a blank line they can run together and end up being a syntax error.

So I want each file to end with a carriage return line feed combo. If you were to end with a semicolon, it might end up commenting out the first line after the #include.

----

Now, it is quite possible that I actually dealt with this issue ages ago and a blank line is no longer necessary. But why not be paranoid and use it anyway, hmmmm? Every file looks happier when it ends with a line feed :-)

Besides, when the hackers want to run your world under A27 or something, you'll be doing them a favor

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.