Synthetic Reality Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Our Archives » The Crypt of the Ages » A93 RELEASE NOTES

Author Topic: A93 RELEASE NOTES
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Released 3/4/07

---------------
CHANGES FOR THIS RELEASE

* COMPATIBILITY: Excellent!

* Max PP Change in Evergreen, and training changes for all worlds

1.) I increased the evergreen max PP from 40K to 100K

2.) I made the PP per training click variable, so it costs 50PP a click at the lowest level and 2000PP a click at the highest

3.) this results in it taking only 105 clicks, instead of 225 clicks to go from nothing to level 9.0 and that costs about 65K, leaving about 35K in your pocket if you were at 100K when you started

4.) applying the full 100K to a single training slot gets you to level 9.406 in about 125 clicks.

5.) there is no enforced wait time per click (not even I am that hardcore, apparently. Same sound effect as before, which I like and sounds ok when clicked rapidly)

6.) Getting to 9.990 still requires an insane amount of PP, but you now invest 2000 at a time at that level, instead of 200, so it should take 10x fewer clicks. It takes multiple pocket fulls of PP though, and I like it that way as I want 9.990 to mean you are truly hardcore.

--

Now, to answer the question "how much better is 9.990 than 9.406" well that's easy, the effect is linear, so it is:

(9.990 / 9.406) = 1.06

so it is 6% better, but it is vastly more expensive and represents a vastly huger effort to get that extra 6 percent.

* fixed the crazy Bring Back the Dawn Mission

* new GIVE command to give a mission

Remember, in Quest they are 'jobs' so you GIVE J23 to give mission 23 to the user (pretty much means force them to take it, so you should be sure it is appropriate. It's your call.)

* new IF conditional to test mission (job) status

IF Jnn @theyHaveFinishedMissionNn
IF JQnn @theyQualifyToStartMissionNn
IF JAnn @theyHaveAcceptedButNotFinishedMissionNn

* New World config.ini option.. read config.ini for details

* new quest command: SHUFFLE

SHUFFLE cookieName, numCards

which creates the following cookies

cookieName0
cookieName1
cookieName<numCards - 1>

cookieNameCount

numCards must be between 1 and 100 (100 is ok, but that is the heighest value) and you have to be the scene host and incarnated for it to work.

After calling SHUFFLE, you can look at #<cookieNameCount> to remember how many cards are in your shuffled deck. It will be 0 if there was some problem (like you asked for more than 100).. ok.. ok.. I will make it 256 max.

Remember, this just creates a bunch of cookies. It is up to you to keep track of which have been 'dealt'

each cookie just holds a number between ZERO and Max-1

A better Example

; Shuffle a normal 52 card deck

SHUFFLE cards, 52
COMPARE #<cardsCount>, 0
IF= @something went wrong, should have been 52

1: The index of the first card is #<cards0>
1: The index of the last card is #<cards51>

Of course, it doesn't have to be cards

SHUFFLE monsterIds, 10

SHUFFLE prizes, 15

The shuffle command cares not how you use the cookie.

* REWORKED WELL INTERFACE

When you return to the Well of Souls, I now default to the RESTORE panel instead of the MAP panel (showing a list of your characters instead of a list of who is playing). Also, I duplicated the NEW and INCARNATE buttons in a way which makes them more obvious to a newbie player. PlayTesting with a certain un-named newbie implied this would clear up an early sticking point for the new user.

* MINOR SCENE CHANGES

Small things like the Soul Brother no longer shoves your Trophy Bag in your face every time you visit him.

* HOTKEYS now default to OFF

New players will no longer see the inexplicable hotkeys window on their first visit to the game, but will have to turn it on via the Book of Options. Old players will be in the same state they were.

* MENU COMMAND SUPPORTS CHECKED ITEMS

a normal menu entry looks like "menuText=@label" but if menuText starts with a forward slash "/menuText" then I will add a checkMark (and not include the / in the text I show).

Hopefully no one was using /s already in their menu text...

* ACTORS CAN NOW BE LAYERED

The script ACTOR command's first argument (the actor id number) is now a dotted arg. The first value is the actorId which has not changed. The second value (optional, and assumed to be 0) is the display 'layer' of the actor. If it is -1 then it is 'behind' all actors on layer 0. If it is +1 (aka '1') then it is 'in front of' all actors on layer 0. Within a layer, actors are sorted by their 'y' value on screen (lower on screen means more in front). If you need more layers, you should be able to use... about... oh.. 2000 I think, which should be enough. -1000 to +1000, I mean. More positive is more in front, more negative is more in back. I only tested -1, 0, and 1 though.

This is backwards compatible (or at least it should be), so you don't have to add .0 to all your existing actors.

This is so a 'scene actor' (say, the cave entrance) can be permanently behind all the players.. or a 'foreground object' like a tree can be in front (and you could hide behind it.)

Though you can't REALLY hide as the nametag and chat bubbles will probably give you away.

* TROPHY AMMUNITION REQUIREMENTS SHOWN

The Items window, the Spells window, the Current Equip window, and the SHOP dialog now all indicate if an item or spell consumes a trophy when used. The 'learn spell' dialog does not.

* FIGHT COMMAND MAY NOW INCLUDE STARING 'FACE' DIRECTION OF MONSTERS

So, another dotted argument:

FIGHT 23.50.75.1

monster id 23, starting at x=50, y=75, and initially 'facing left' (0 is the default 'facing right'). This sets the initial facing direction, which will then change as the monster moves.

* FIGHT 0 REMOVES MONSTERS FROM SCENE

So, you just did a FIGHT scene, it ended, and now you want to remove any remaining monsters from the scene (enemy or friendly, but not pets). Use "FIGHT 0"

Note that if you had a friendly in the scene and the fight ended, and you use the FIGHT command to add more monsters (second wave), your pal gets to stay.

* NEW HOST COOKIES

num.hostAttack -- aggregate attack points of host
num.hostDefense -- aggregate defense points of host

* TITLE BAR CHANGES

I did this mostly for my own purposes, so when people sent in screen shots I would not have to always ask them what their serNum was, but it might be useful to you as well, who knows? :-)

Basically I added your character name, your sernum, and how long you have been playing the game in that session (so as to track bugs that only happen after playing for a few hours, for example, but you can pretend it is so you can realize you have been playing too long and should go for a walk or something). This information updates when you enter/exit a scene.

--------------------
He knows when you are sleeping.

Posts: 10650 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged

Open Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.