Synthetic Reality Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Our Archives » The Crypt of the Ages » A88 RELEASE NOTES

Author Topic: A88 RELEASE NOTES
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are the release notes for Well of Souls version A88. The "Big Eights" release!

---

The reason for the release only a week after A87 is the World Versioning bug which was preventing world developers from versioning their cool new worlds which take advantage of A87 functionality.

But I crammed in a couple other last second things, no doubt to rue later.

* Trophies can now be bound to tokens, so you can have a trophy which is only dropped while you are doing a particular quest.

* Paralysis now wears off on its own (both to frustrate auto-clicker PP harvesters and make sure you aren't left stuck in a scene after the end of a FIGHT battle which left you paralyzed.

* A new Monster flag can declare a monster to be so darn brave that it would never flee from battle. (which will then be used by the PP harvesters briefly frustrated above [Smile] )

I feel like there was one other minor bugfix. Anyway, it's the world versioning problem that motivated the release, but the token-locked trophy suggestion was just so perfect, I couldnt wait to do it.

--------------------
He knows when you are sleeping.

Posts: 10610 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged

Open Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.