Synthetic Reality Forums   
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Our Archives » The Crypt of the Ages » "I Forgot My GS Activation Code"

Author Topic: "I Forgot My GS Activation Code"
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since this seems to have come up a fair bit recently, I thought I might review the scenarios here:

1.) "I bought my own GS code, but misplaced it"

All you need to to is send me an email (dan@synthetic-reality.com) from the address which placed the original order, explaining what you need. You should NOT tell me your credit card number. I NEVER know your credit card number (I use 3rd party collectors), and I would just as soon keep it that way.

If your mom or dad placed the order, you will need to have them request the code for you.

If that email address no longer works, you will have to convince me that you are the one who bought the code. This might be difficult.

2.) "I never bought a code, but was given one as a gift."

That's great! Contact the person who gave you such a nice gift, thank them, and ask them if they remember what it was. If not, then THEY should follow the prescription above.

I can not send YOU a copy of the code that THEY bought. I hope you understand why.

3.) "I never had a code, I just got some weird files"

Then you are out of luck. Your code is most likely stolen. And the only licensed way to get rid of it, is to buy a new one for yourself (see http://www.synthetic-reality.com/wosGolden.htm )

Do not accept candy from strangers.

4.) "I conned people into giving me their codes and then passed them to other people, either saying they were 'gifts,' or 'I wasn't using them any more,' or in return for 'special hacked characters'."

Well, aren't you clever? You've chosen to follow the path of larceny. And you've turned a bunch of candy-accepting naive people into category 3s above.

===========

My Agenda:

* No one should donate $25 for a GS unless they are already happy with the game. If you're not happy, a GS won't make you happy. No one *needs* a GS (except naive category 3 candy-acceptors maybe)

* It's wonderful to give gifts, but bear in mind that you are still the registered owner (I lack the ability to securely record transfer of entitlement, so don't bother trying to tell me that you gave the code away.) Just keep a copy so you can help your friend out if they forget your gift.

* If you give your own code away, understand that it means you don't have exclusive use of it any more. If you have already entered it into your own PC, you will need to get yourself a new activation code if you want to use that PC again without experiencing conflicts.

One code per PC.

If you are in the habit of swapping codes back and forth on a single PC, you should get out of that habit immediately, as you are likely to lose access to the game.

* Only a very foolish person would tell someone else their email account password. One such foolish person recently told someone who ended up telling ME (and I have NO USE for your passwords, so keep them to yourSELVES!), so who knows who else they told.

The foolish person in question was then wondering why someone else seemed to have copies of information sent to them in email. That foolish person was... very foolish.

Don't YOU be a foolish person

----

Thank you for your attention :-)

Posts: 10561 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
aragornSoH
Healthy Member
Member # 2045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aragornSoH   Email aragornSoH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some reason dan, i feel this is directed towards me and soromon Odd =P

---

Actually, you guys are sort of between 2 and 3

But actually this is directed at a lot of email I have gotten recently from people wanting me to re-send them codes they didn't buy. They might very well be nice people, but I am in no position to judge.

[This message has been edited by samsyn (edited 04-13-2002).]

Posts: 443 | From: Garland,Texas,USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
ShammyClause
Compulsive Member
Member # 2025

Icon 12 posted      Profile for ShammyClause   Author's Homepage   Email ShammyClause   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tell you what dan, i bought my Golden Souls and i immediately saved the email you sent me into my online email account.
By doing this i dont have to keep uo with the code and if my comp ever crashes i will always be able to access them. Plus i can access them from whereveri am (school or parents house) to play WOS.

Just a suggestion for new golden souls.

Posts: 3038 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
HeAd
Spammer
Member # 662

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HeAd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so sham... what's your online email acount? >

-Not-a-GS..HeAd

Posts: 10782 | From: Spammely Hills | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
ShammyClause
Compulsive Member
Member # 2025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShammyClause   Author's Homepage   Email ShammyClause   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ermm i hit enter twice, sorry

[This message has been edited by ShammyClause (edited 04-13-2002).]

ShammyClause
Compulsive Member
Member # 2025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShammyClause   Author's Homepage   Email ShammyClause   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol@jess

its dan@synthetic-reality.com

LOL just kiddin dan!

Leniad
Veteran Member
Member # 194

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leniad   Author's Homepage   Email Leniad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wha? Dan, you forgot your GS activation code? Well, no prob. Just send an E-mail to admin@synthetic-reality.com and they'll give you a refund
Posts: 794 | From: Somewhere in Argentina | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Soromon_LoD
Veteran Member
Member # 963

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Soromon_LoD   Author's Homepage   Email Soromon_LoD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny how ara gets unmuted and I don't, oh and just for the record...the only thing I did was switch his golden soul ID out with mine, which is what I hear cuased the problem...

-Soromon

Posts: 850 | From: TX | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ShammyClause
Compulsive Member
Member # 2025

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ShammyClause   Author's Homepage   Email ShammyClause   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Soromon,
They cant be entirely true because i switch out the golden souls i own all the time and everything has always been ok on my game.

Im just saying this to let you know you might be experiencing another more serious problem that you need to fix.

aragornSoH
Healthy Member
Member # 2045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aragornSoH   Email aragornSoH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you may have done it with the activation code, he did it with the file.
Posts: 443 | From: Garland,Texas,USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.