Synthetic Reality Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Our Archives » The Crypt of the Ages » A47 RELEASE NOTES

Author Topic: A47 RELEASE NOTES
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are the release notes for version A47

================================
Well of Souls Version A47
Our Motto: "The Bug has Landed"
Estimated Release: 10/11/2000
--------------------------------

This is basically a bugfix release with just a few feature tweaks. Hacker Detection is now re-enabled, so if you get branded a hacker, be sure to tell me the 'code' it assigned to you.

* COMPATIBILITY: Excellent! (Be sure to delete any hacked characters you have - using them in A47 might trigger the hack detector even if you don't actually hack while running A47.)

* [BUGFIX] Distance calculation in PK Attack is same for attacker and victim

* [BUGFIX] Missing "adventurer.bmp" file should no longer cause a system crash. But it would be nice to understand why a couple of you didn't have this file after applying the patch.

* [BUGFIX] Gaiea location and current uniform reported correctly to everyone (I hope).

* [BUGFIX] Now only requires 100 hours on your character before you can create a guild (instead of 320!). (both a bugfix AND a feature change)

* [BUGFIX] You can no longer petition to join a guild while in the well, unincarnated.

* [BUGFIX] The exit/flee button will hopefully make more sense (was saying FLEE in camps and stores!)

* [BUGFIX] For arcane reasons, the Guild Uniform Dialog would fail if you had never downloaded different world than Evergreen. (or something else I forgot.)

* [BUGFIX] Found and repaired a resource leak (those little equipment icons on the equip and store screen were getting leaked each time you changed from one map to another. It really added up.

* PK ATTACK change. Both the attacker AND the victim are stuck in the PK ATTACK scene for AT LEAST 20 seconds. The victim only has the right to immediately flee if they have not themselves used the PK ATTACK feature recently. (measured in hours). Killing another player also makes you unable to flee from subsequent attacks.

* PK ATTACK DISTANCE INCREASED. You can now initiate a PK Attack from a more reasonable distance from the target. (2.5 times farther than ever before!)

* PK Safety cap is now level 30, not level 40. So as soon as you hit 30 you are no longer protected by the must-hit-first if 10 levels below rule. I'm gonna phase that out over the next few releases.

* HACKER BAN MESSAGE INCLUDES REASON CODE. So when you say you were banned for no reason, you can tell me the code and I can nod sagely and better decide whether or not I believe you. (And, in general, I *do* believe you. But by A50 I probably won't believe you any more).

* VERSION OUT OF DATE MESSAGES now give you a yes/no button pair and YES will shut down wos and launch your external browser to open the wos download page. Hopefully this will help people to not be running wos when they apply the patch :-)

* NEW ITEM TYPE: TICKET. (Thanks to LGH for lighting the fire under me for this.) These are for 'wing of the wyvern' type items which, once consumed, take you somewhere. Basically it uses the same technology as the scene GOTO command, so you have the same abilities. Go to a link on a map, go THROUGH a link on a map, play out a scene where you stand, etc. Still can't handle "exit dungeon" sort of action (return to outside of current "building") since it has to take you to a specific numbered destination.

I stuck a "ticket home" into evergreen. The soul brother at the gateway will give you one every visit, so you'll end up with a zillion of these.

Posts: 10650 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.