Synthetic Reality Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Our Archives » The Crypt of the Ages » A42 RELEASE NOTES

Author Topic: A42 RELEASE NOTES
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I am SO SORRY, but I just couldn't wait. I am SO SURE that A42 is going to make an amazing difference with regards to lag (once everyone upgrades) that I just couldn't wait.

Please oh please forgive me.

================================
Well of Souls Version A42
Our Motto: "Oh what a tangled web we weave"
Estimated Release: 7/7/2000
--------------------------------

* COMPATIBILITY: Excellent!

* BUGFIX: Fixed the problem where the incoming text wouldn't stay 'scrolled back' if you had clicked in the top of the chat control (i.e. if it had the focus, and was showing the blinking text caret). Note that selecting text in the top half is a different story, there it tries to keep showing you that text.

* MORE LAG REDUCTION. The success of the A41 reduction enables me to make a further reduction in A42. This removes yet another packet swarm surrounding the arrival of a new player. This will probably be the first reduction that you actually notice in game play (as opposed to just making my histograms look nicer :-) I mean A41 made a huge improvement, but I'm not convinced the individual user sees it, since this other swarm will still inject several seconds of delay now and then.

* UPDATED HELP FILE. I actually had a newer help file around since I added pets, but I forgot to include it in the distribution... ooops. Anyway, between that and whatshisfaces demands (heh heh), I've brought it fairly up to date and will actually include it in A42.

* ADDED POKEGATCHI OWNERS MANUAL button to the pokegatchi training center. It just opens the help file to the section talking about pets.

* LIFE ELEMENT MONSTERS/PETS no longer will try to resurrect fellow monsters (impossible since the dead monsters disappear immediately) and will only rez humans on their team.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.