Synthetic Reality Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Our Archives » The Crypt of the Ages » A36 DEVELOPMENT NOTES (Moderated Topic)

Author Topic: A36 DEVELOPMENT NOTES (Moderated Topic)
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are the development notes for version A36 (in development now!) Please add your ideas (and bug reports from A34/A35) here.
================================
Patch A36
Our Motto: "The Pokegatchi Release - You are not alone"
Estimated Release: 4/22 (my birthday!)
--------------------------------
* COMPATIBILITY: Excellent :-) Although your existing pets will disappear.

* NOTE ABOUT A35 I am releasing A35 quickly on the heals of A34 so as to both test the new, improved, patching technology (A35 patch is supposed to be small), as well as to fix a couple outstanding major pet bugs in A34. So, A35 is NOT the final pokegatchi release, which is now scheduled for A36, which is still due pretty soon.

==============

REMEMBER: I will edit and delete your entries as I update the development notes...

Laoch Paladin
Obsessive Member
Member # 232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laoch Paladin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never shoulda given Dan that knife. He killed another thread.

<<afterthought: Can I have a knife too?>>

[This message has been edited by Laoch Paladin (edited 04-09-2000).]

GJ
Veteran Member
Member # 241

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good one :P

Oh well. Now we have ANOTHER FORUM TO COMPLAIN IN BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/maniac]

GJ

samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just moving this to the top.... <sounds of groaning>

there!

GJ
Veteran Member
Member # 241

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FIRST BUG REPORT! YAHOO!

Ok, maybe not, but still.

Dan, the change you made to prevent us from getting PP from trying to kill Sparky (sorry Lurch =) is preventing us from getting PP at all. This isn't all that bad because YoMaMa has all the spells anyway but still...

GJ

GJ
Veteran Member
Member # 241

Member Rated:
Hunted down another one.

1. I go into battle and call out my pet.
2. I kill all the monsters.
3. I return to the world map and want to care for the pet (feed it, namely.)
4. But the red X is still over the pet because I used it in the last scene, so I can't interact with it.
5. Being drawn into a scene fixes the problem, as long as I don't use the pet.

Apparently what is happening is the game doesn't reset the "pet has been used" flag when I return to the world map. So the solution would be to reset to "pet has not been used" every time the player returns to the map.

GJ

GJ
Veteran Member
Member # 241

Member Rated:
Instead of having a Pokegatchi Pen area in every town, you could make it something much cooler: something to the tune of a zoo. I think I know how to do this too.

The zoo has a few pets in it and lets the player view them (but not take them out.) This gives their diagnostic information and ideas on whether they want one as a pet. These areas can also give information on caring for the pets as well.

I think the easiest way to do this would be an addition to the hero.pet file where each city has a city.pet file. For example the pen in Stonetree has stonetree.pet as its file. Then when I go to that pen the game loads stonetree.pet instead of yomama.pet.

If I leave the scene the game reverts to loading yomama.pet.

GJ

Lord FireFox
Veteran Member
Member # 68

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord FireFox   Author's Homepage   Email Lord FireFox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but when your pets eat only the first pet you caught digests its food. the other pets hold food in thier stomach and don't start digesting thier food till the first pet you caught is gone (you set it free.)

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.