Synthetic Reality Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Our Archives » The Crypt of the Ages » A30 FEEDBACK

Author Topic: A30 FEEDBACK
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's right. A30 released about a day before expected!

See the 'A30 development notes' for details on what's new.

------------ Now, the WARNINGS ------------

1.) Be sure to play all characters under A29 before upgrading to A30

2.) Once you upgrade to A30, don't go back down.

Breaking either rule will likely get you a corrupted character and I won't be able to fix it for you.

---------- Silly Stuff -----------

1.) Remember: NEW CHARACTERS DEFAULT TO PK. So turn off that checkbox when making a new character if you want to play it safe. (this doesn't affect existing characters, of course)

2.) You'll notice that the soul stuff is now oddly placed in the scheme of things. For level 40 stuff it is too powerful, compared to real level 40 stuff. I'll have to fix that soon, so don't get dependent on it.

3.) The numbers are now known. A level 9x character from A29 will drop to level 7x in A30. If you earned your level 9x in version A28, you won't fall as far (since A29 had unrealistically low experience levels for the highest levels). Don't get mad, please. The game is just harder now. If it is TOO hard, we'll think about another change in A31. Remember: your total experience earned is remembered in your character (so you never lose XP). Your level is reevaluated after each fight scene.

4.) If you share a scene with an A2x player, expect some oddness. It should not crash, but if the A30 player is the host of the scene, then certain important packets won't be seen by the A2x player. If the A2x player hosts, the A30 player should see everything normally, but the server won't see any overall bandwidth savings. Just everybody upgrade to A30, please :-)

[This message has been edited by samsyn (edited 01-15-2000).]

Captain Jim
Healthy Member
Member # 195

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Jim   Author's Homepage   Email Captain Jim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er, I tried to add a high res map to my world, and it didn't like it. On the little map at the top right, all is OK and your bloke is wandering around the map from link to link.
However, on the main screen, the actual map map has been moed upwards, meaning all teh links are now below the actual map they should be one.
If I switch off "use hi-res maps" all is OK again. But what am I doing wrong?

[YES, X4 MAP NEEDS TO BE EXACTLY X4 WITH EVERYTHING SCALED UP PROPORTIONALLY, AS YOU FOUND OUT.]

Oh, and that new music is cool

[ALL PRAISE AHAD! - samsyn]

Captain Jim
Healthy Member
Member # 195

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Jim   Author's Homepage   Email Captain Jim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ignore the stuff on hi-res maps, sorry.
I just fiddled with it for a while and it seems to work now. I think maybe my X4 map wasn't actually exactly 4 times as big or something.

Merlin
Compulsive Member
Member # 181

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merlin   Author's Homepage   Email Merlin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right next to the reapers temple (in the enw submap) I fought a battle that I instantly won, no monsters or anyhting, and got 0 exp.. odd...

Got a good Idea for A31 (already.....) Put a bank or somehting so that we can only CARRY 1 mil with us, but can have a large amount in the bank(s).

-Merlin

[This message has been edited by Merlin (edited 01-15-2000).]

Posts: 2797 | From: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: Nov 1999
Lady Griffon
Verbose Member
Member # 189

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lady Griffon   Author's Homepage   Email Lady Griffon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happened to all the shields in McGyver Castle Armor Shop?

[HMMM, LONG AGO I PUT A MAX ON THE # OF ITEMS I WOULD SHOW IN THE SHOP DIALOG. LOOKS LIKE TOTAL NUMBER OF ARMOR AND SUCH NOW EXCEEDS THAT LIMIT. NOT SURE IF I SHOULD RAISE THE LIMIT OR PROCEED WITH PLAN OF NOT HAVING ALL ITEMS IN ALL SHOPS. I SUSPECT THE LATTER IS BETTER. I'LL TRY TO DO BOTH]
[TURNS OUT I CANNOT DO BOTH - LIMIT IS STILL 100 ITEMS or 800 CHARACTERS IN PACKET - BUT I CREATED... man, this shouting is rough on your voice! I created 66 new shop scenes, so that each submap now has custom shops which only offer a subset of all possible items - in A31, I mean]

Keep getting Kryzti in my fight or drawn into her fight, even though we're on separate parts of the map (not even close to each other - and yes she has A30

[SEE LURCH MAIL - ANY CHANCE SHE WAS ON SUBMAP WHILE YOU WERE ON MAIN OR VICE VERSA.]

[And this is now fixed, in A31]

Lurch was in Springwell, I was in McGyver Castle in a shop and we both ended up in the same screen.

[THIS FITS PATTERN I FOUND - WASN'T INCLUDING MAP ID IN 'DISTANCE MEASURE']

Chain Ring, Level 25 is less helpful than Ring of Bond, Level 23 (and shows up as such).

[FIXED]

Lady G.

[This message has been edited by Lady Griffon (edited 01-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Lady Griffon (edited 01-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by samsyn (edited 01-16-2000).]

Lurch
Healthy Member
Member # 187

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Lurch   Email Lurch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found the following bugs in A30

1. There are 2 Rings of Invisibility
    [FIXED]
  2. There are 2 swords with A255 at different levels
    [You mean soul blade is one?]
    [No. There are 2 swords in the 90's with 255 as attack value -Lurch]
  3. 32k EXP cap interferes with Black Wrath's EXP given
    [He's a special dude, you don't fight him for XP, so this is - I declare - OK]
    [Aha.. But if you make any fights bigger than the 3 Scissorjaw + 2 Troll combo, there will be problems awarding XP -Lurch]
  4. People in different places in Evergreen sometimes wind up in the same scene (happened 3 times to me)
    [FIXED]
    [Someone found a neat trick to teleport over to the other map while a crossover took place: they joined the other guy's party and appeared on the other side -Lurch]
  5. Using the Quest editor results in missing graphics, and when you leave the world and try to return, it shows no worlds available, and no background image shown either
    [Are you just typing /Q or are you using a path to a different directory? sounds like it is changing the default directory and not changing it back.. any insight?]
    [I just use /Q, and without even editing anything WoS suffers from a directory structure bug -Lurch]
    [hmmm, cannot reproduce this as I understand your description. I do this all the time without hassle... play a bit, /q edit/save/reload playa bit more, exit and switch to new world, repeat. What version windows? -djs]
    [Windows 98 original -Lurch]
  6. Mouth of Satan character is a placeholder
    [FIXED]
  7. When Soul Blade is equipped, swords above it in level don't have green plus signs. Is this indicative of attack value instead of level?
    [semi-fixed. Soul blade was too powerful for level 40, compared to other level 40s. Green plus only appears if item would make you stronger and you needed a level 7x sword to be stronger than soul blade - oops]
  8. The area outside of Reaper's Temple has no monsters in the fight scene, it just automatically awards 0 exp/0 gp, and an occasional item or two
  9. Sell all sells one item at a time, and refreshes the list each time, making it a slow process. Suggest an internal /take i## ## to take instead of the serial sell all
    [oh sure, it SOUNDs easy ;-)]
    [Yup it does. I just think you're lazy... you admitted that yourself on many occasions -Lurch]
  10. The large Moraysaur has the white guidelines showing
  11. Some skins have incorrect transparent information (the first pixel is black instead of the background color)

[This message has been edited by Lurch (edited 01-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by samsyn (edited 01-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Lurch (edited 01-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Lurch (edited 01-18-2000).]

Captain Jim
Healthy Member
Member # 195

Member Rated:
I have suffered from no.5 as well, but it doesn't happen to me 100% of the time after leaving the world editor - just sometimes.
I haven't really looked into what particualr circumstances it occurs under, as yet.

Lady Griffon
Verbose Member
Member # 189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Griffon   Author's Homepage   Email Lady Griffon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same thing with shields in Port Shrimpee

Sword called "Kledar" level 66, shows up as not usable by my class (small red X), instead of above my level (large red cross).
My class is sword-user, level is 64.

I'm glad exp per level was raised, but still have a similar problem as in A29, in that the 200k exp/level starts WAY too early (where in A29 the 100k/level started about right, but then never increased)... need a gradual rise to the 200k exp/level.

Lady G.

[This message has been edited by Lady Griffon (edited 01-18-2000).]

Lurch
Healthy Member
Member # 187

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurch   Email Lurch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I explained to LG about the gradual XP increase, which would make it easier at the middle levels, while harder at the higher levels. I'm not exactly sure how to implement this.

90-98 200k
89-85 175k
84-80 150k
79-75 125k
74-70 100k
69-65 75k
64-60 50k
59-55 25k
54-50 20k
49-40 15k
39-30 10k
29-20 5k
19-10 1k
9 -1 900 - 100

Something like that. I just slapped this together but if you can come up with some kind of algorithm that would work, it could be worth a shot.

DragonLord
Veteran Member
Member # 31

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for DragonLord   Author's Homepage   Email DragonLord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, now it is my turn

1: In the Pyrmid of Cales or whatever, the Eternal maze has a bug. in the far right side of the map there are areas which you can slip through the blocked terrain and into norma areas you couldn't get to. unless this was SUPPOSED to be like this
2: One time I picked up a ghost ring off of an enemy. when I went to look at its stats it was GONE. I looked in all my inventory, scrolled up to see if I really got it and everything. this was in a SOLO game (I was testing something) so maybe that has something to do with it
3: You should make seeds more expensive *hears everyone booing him* They are too powerful for their price.

well that is it really. I am done with my whining now.

~DragonLord

samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna shut this topic down now.. please put A30 feedback on the "A31 development notes" topic instead, thanks!

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.