Synthetic Reality Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Other Games » MIX it up! » I "SEEM TO HAVE LOST MY NETWORK CONNECTION" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I "SEEM TO HAVE LOST MY NETWORK CONNECTION"
Tito Wario
Member # 6946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tito Wario   Author's Homepage   Email Tito Wario   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tahnk you, it worked ^-^ I'll finally can play with ma' players T^T
Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beoghztt   Author's Homepage   Email Beoghztt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, local echo doesn't really have anything to do with your connection - it just lets you type things into the Terminal Emulator window.

--------------------
This signature contains a lot of foul languages.
                                                                                   Also racism.

Posts: 2227 | From: Yokohama, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GuppyMan
Compulsive Member
Member # 44

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GuppyMan   Email GuppyMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you still having problems hosting your own mix server AND connecting to it, we have discovered something that seems to be some what related, though it doesn't seem to work in all cases....

IF you've done all the necessary port forwarding, and you go to the mix list, but you only see Waiting for server #, or you see your server, but when you connect you are immediately met with the message "You seem to have lost your connection," while others can see and successfully connect to your server, try the following:

Look through your router's settings for something like "SPI" or "SPI firewall." On that same screen look for something like "Filter NAT redirection." If this is set/checked then your requests will be thrown away, that is if you are trying to access your external IP from inside your LAN. (Which is what occurs when entering from the mix list.) Try simply unchecking that box, or otherwise clearing that setting. Don't forget to hit apply!!! Now try to enter your server.

If that still didn't work, you can try disabling the SPI firewall all together, though it is not recommended you actually run this way permenantly.

Again, we've had hit and miss success with this....

[ 06-06-2008, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: GuppyMan ]

Posts: 2675 | From: Washington | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
Evil Needs Murder
Healthy Member
Member # 8185

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil Needs Murder   Author's Homepage   Email Evil Needs Murder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, samsyn, for some frankly odd reason I can't enter ya server. Is it that I am ban from it or what its eating at me last few months.

--------------------
Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harms we do, we do to ourselves.
-.-.

Posts: 482 | From: In the center of attention. where I belong. | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Beoghztt
Compulsive Member
Member # 2888

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beoghztt   Author's Homepage   Email Beoghztt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you enter other servers (which I assume you can, from the tone of your post)?

And by "can't enter the server," do you mean you get disconnected as soon as you enter the server or do you get some sort of a message?

--------------------
This signature contains a lot of foul languages.
                                                                                   Also racism.

Posts: 2227 | From: Yokohama, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are no auto-bans in place at the moment, so it's not that.

--------------------
He knows when you are sleeping.

Posts: 10562 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
renegadezero
Member # 7997

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for renegadezero   Author's Homepage   Email renegadezero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get on your server either, i can get on all others, but as soon as i connect to yours i "seem to have lost network connection" so am i banned? it wouldn't be a firewall considering i can connect to any other server but your?

--------------------
yeah, keep threatning the pixels u see b4 you, one day, they will eat you alive

Posts: 36 | From: TN | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.