Synthetic Reality Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Synthetic Reality Forums » Other Games » Warpath and Rocket Club » Rocket Club Design Notes IV (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Rocket Club Design Notes IV
BlueAthame
Member # 8262

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueAthame   Email BlueAthame   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just playing RC and a horrible situation played itself out in my mind...

Let's say that I'm a new player, happily making my home planet...all homey, and making bases on my other planets, when all of a sudden, a group of people come and kill all of my stuff, then settle down in my system. They're a strong, experienced group of pirates and I'm a newbie with no hopes of expanding. I mean, I'd much rather have my system taken over and be assigned a new one than live at the mercy of another club. Maybe you could make templates that would give you a home planet with similar layout and (at the cost of the appropriate resources of course) provide you with the same buildings that you had previously. Otherwise, there would really be nothing you could do.

MrBob II
Member # 8054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrBob II   Author's Homepage   Email MrBob II   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe there could be a "grace period", where no-one can enter your system without your permission. There could a total resource cap (something like 1000) so you could set up your basic defenses and stuff, but low enough you can't come in the world with a million-man army. When you were done, you could hit some button to activate "normal" mode (just the basic game).

[ 05-31-2009, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: MrBob II ]

--------------------
Faction: Viat Republic
Title: President-supreme

Posts: 6 | From: Viat, Theta Neomixae | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
should you ever need to do that, you would just create a new account (and/or delete/recreate the original account) though that would start everything over.

I kinda doubt your scenario would happen, but if it did

* playing solo mode in your own star system, you could probably take all the time you needed to devestate their invasion. (you really are lord of your own star system)

--------------------
He knows when you are sleeping.

Posts: 10561 | From: California | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged
Deadly Headshot
Compulsive Member
Member # 6098

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deadly Headshot   Author's Homepage   Email Deadly Headshot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could have it as an option, then discourage it for better players (like the option to turn off energy field damage in Warpath).

--------------------
"Carpé Agnus"
{GS} Pwnz
I like reviving old topics, it makes me feel needed...

{GS} is dead, sorry.

I've finally changed my av!

Posts: 2885 | From: Great Britain | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samsyn   Author's Homepage   Email samsyn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found a high yield location for Killium! I have 15,000 Kg of Killium now!

I need to add zone beacons asap so I can mark this location and find it again someday.

--------------------

DeranDark
Member # 7969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeranDark   Email DeranDark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Drop a small mining town where the killium is at!
samsyn
Administrator
Member # 162

Member Rated:
oh no, I am about to lose 13K kg of Titanium!

Ah no, it autosaved appropriately... woot, I'm enriched!

[ 06-30-2009, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: samsyn ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Synthetic Reality

Copyright 2003 (c) Synthetic Reality Co.